Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German ordnance tan spray paint... in the UK

Article about: Hi, I am not sure if this is the right place to make such a request but hoping you are able to help. I am looking for some German ordnance tan spray paint suitable for using on a 10 x 80 tri

Default German ordnance tan spray paint... in the UK

Hi,
    I am not sure if this is the right place to make such a request but hoping you are able to help. I am looking for some German ordnance tan spray paint suitable for using on a 10 x 80 tripod. This is not something that I would get into normally but I have a really nice condition tripod that has unfortunately been stripped many moons ago and repainted in a horrible brown non original colour. So I thought even though it would still be wrong and would not fool anyone it may look nice in ordnance tan. Spray cans are preferred, but a tin would also do as I could get it transferred to spay tins once here. Obviously being in Jersey, Channel Islands, it would be easier for me if the paint could be sourced in the UK or europe and the seller was prepared to send it to me.
    Does anyone have any clues where I should look?
    Thanks,
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ordnance tan spray paint... in the UK
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German ordnance tan spray paint... in the UK

The only place I know of that sells spray packs of German colours is 1944 militaria....

Hi,
    Yes, I have heard of them but I need someone with the paint in the uk, which will be hard enough to get here.
    d.

You could have it made I suppose. Just figure out what the RAL code would be for ordnance tan and presto.

I have been told that RAL 1002 would be the one, but as its a project I have just decided to tackle I am really at the starting line and thought some of our forum members would be more upto speed with such things (not that I am saying members are repainting kit all over the place) but we must have a guy on the forum who has been there, seen it and done it.
    D.

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The decals that place sells scare me...

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Jersey! I know this might be useless if your trying to get the proper RAL spec paint but thought I would throw the link on anyway as RAL is hard to find and I have used SOF paints in the past & although maybe not an exact match to the original tone I have been quite satisfied! Cheers! Sean. Africa Korp sand paint.

I'm sure model shops used to sell cans of spray OD tan paint, Tamiya I think.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast