Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Panzerjäger map ?

Article about: Hi All ! I just got this Map a few days ago, i dont know actually what kind of map is this because is not too detailed, the first date on the map is 11.05.1940 wich is the occupation of Fran

Default German Panzerjäger map ?

Hi All !

I just got this Map a few days ago, i dont know actually what kind of map is this because is not too detailed, the first date on the map is 11.05.1940 wich is the occupation of France, can anyone write down what was the purpose of this map? size is 60cmx60cm German Panzerjäger map ?German Panzerjäger map ?German Panzerjäger map ?German Panzerjäger map ?

Thank You

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Panzerjäger map ?
    P
    Many

The map appears to be plotting the advance made by the German troops. Note the direction of the arrows and the dates. The title refers to the march - or advance taken by the battalion.

Default I belive

Greetings,

My supposition, is your presented schematic is a facsimile/print of what would have originally have been a (clear) map's overlay. The original clear overlay (drawn/printed on something like acetate) could be laid over an original map showing the unit's travels (Marschweg = "Marching Trail") without marking up the underlying original map (so that map could be used again without being "cluttered" with previous unit's/mission's data).

This overlay's concept would directly explain the image's "lack of detail." I don't see it, but if it was associated with a military (grid system's) map, there would usually be two separate small crosses with matching grid lines' numbers in order to correctly line-up the overlay with the map that it was created for. These crosses are not necessary, but would seriously indicate your posted image was a map's overlay. Thoughts complete, thank you for posting such an interesting item.

Best,

V/r Lance

Thank you for your comment guys

Sorry for the poor quality pictures , but one thing more ,... under the Marschweg.Pz.jäg.Abt.29 there is also a /einsch. 1fla.kp.59/ so what is common about this corps? and all the cities/villages what marked with star sign , there has a fortress, but why ?! very interesting

I've had further thoughts on this map... and had a closer look at it - which I should have done the first time! I can now see that someone has penned in additional information to the map. There is the possibility that the map actually dates from after the war, and was perhaps once part of a unit history publication... and someone who served with them added his own notes to the map. I have several immediate post WW1 books with sperate maps, and such annotations have been made on them too.

Cheers,
    Steve