Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Pistols Ground Dug Items

Article about: Starting to dig out some dug relics l found while in Holland and checking out the drop zones for operation market garden around Arnhem, about three days of looking around, and digging here a

Default German Pistols Ground Dug Items

Starting to dig out some dug relics l found while in Holland and checking out the drop zones for operation market garden around Arnhem, about three days of looking around, and digging here and there, i had found a nice display of items, these two pistols were found around oosterbeek, and a few other areas, turned up several paratrooper shute buckles, ropes and other things, as far as pistols, these two were the first finds, there were two Webleys, that i do not have any more, and a US Smith and Wesson .30 revolver, l plane on unpacking my things the next week or so and try and make a nice display of finds, from the Arnhem area........
    German Pistols Ground Dug ItemsGerman Pistols Ground Dug Items

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Pistols Ground Dug Items
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Pistols Ground Dug Items

Hello,
    They're nice relic handguns, thanks for sharing them with us...
    Isn't the top one a french (spanish produced) Ruby modèle 1916
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Must have been fantastic to find these. Right up my alley at least.
    (you SOLD some of them ..... !? Just kidding, selling them is of course your perogative)

l really cant tell what type pistols they are, one looked German, and to find so many different pistols in that area is amazing, l have another that cleaned very nice and can see some markings on it, l,ll try and post tomorrow, and, yes, l did sell the smith and wesson .38 to a friend who fell in love with it, and the Webleys, l gave to two of my sons.. l kept these and other things, and the other pistol, and also it cleaned up very nice can read the markings and still pull the hammer back on it..Thank You

?

Giving them to your sons is entirely different. I applaud that.
    .....well, to a good friend too for that matter

At first glance I leaned towards the top gun being a Colt 1908 Pocket Pistol, but it doesnt have the same backstrap at all, so Im with JPhillip on this one (Ruby).