Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

german pull through ?

Article about: hi all, can anyone tell me what this is a pull through for . i was helping tidy up an ovegrown planted area near some old industrial units in salford, greater manchester when i dug it up. pa

Question german pull through ?

hi all, can anyone tell me what this is a pull through for . i was helping tidy up an ovegrown planted area near some old industrial units in salford, greater manchester when i dug it up. part of it has been broken off but on the whole , its in good condition. it looks german. could it be for a k98 or even dating from ww1 [ did they have this type of chain then ?] the quality is not as good as the one from the1937 dated cleaning kit i used to have. would other weapons have a chain like this? cheers mike. german pull through ?german pull through ?
    Last edited by panelvan; 01-04-2011 at 12:26 AM. Reason: missed out signing off message

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german pull through ?
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

Default Re: german pull through ?

i would say ,,, post war 7.62 the war time puull throgh was more rounded (its just not right ) in my opinion ,, but who am i to say
    it just not what im used to seeing of last war vintage
    cheers ian
    its most definately not british
    mabe a hecle and cohck sod it i cant spell
    made for the oh god damn the british company that oh ,,,, royal ordanance ???? i think (i hope ) im right on this one
    that would make a change,,,,,??? mabe i should not do the bottle of scotch before i post oh well
    i think im right here cheers ian
    forgive me Ade !!??

ian
    ?

i should clarify royal odanance made iether by ownership or by licence many HK firearms so to find this pull through to me i would thinkk is not unusual
    lets see what others have to say
    but i think where you found it and its condition i think for once im not far off
    cheers ian

hi.. thanks but i really cant see this pull through being post war. my own reading on it is it may be world war one, hence the post to try find out if maybe they used this type of pull through then. nothing at all to back up my supposition though ! . it was only its location in an old part of salford that led me to think it may possibly have been brought home from the first world war . if i remember rightly my k98 pull through had a small waffenampt on patch end but this does not seem to have any trace although i cant be sure due to rust and missing small section. cheers, mike

?

I have two KAR98 cleaning kits, both bring backs from my uncle, one pull through is marked with an M and a waffenampt and dated 43, i believe this is Kriegsmarine, the other has no markings on the pull through and is very similar to the one shown, but both are ww2 issues

ian
    ?

well dave you could well be right on this ,, i think the location put me in the wrong direction and the other thing ,,
    it most certanly looks to old to be as i sugested
    cheers ian