Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Radio of some kind... Please help!!

Article about: Hello all again! Annoyed from this ads?   I came across this one and i would like any info provided from our members!! I did a very small research on the net and i found that instrument

Default German Radio of some kind... Please help!!

Hello all again!

I came across this one and i would like any info provided from our members!!
    I did a very small research on the net and i found that instruments like this were used in tanks. The pictures i found didn't show the same radio but a different one...

What can you people tell me about this one?

On the fourth and fifth picture you can see a red waffen mark between the two small metal plates (Grob. and Fein.), a little faded but visible enough for my poor photograph lens!

Thank you in advance my friends!!

Yours,
    Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Radio of some kind... Please help!!
    P
    Many

I found out that this is named Torn. E.B. as the very low metal plate states and is part of the Feld-Hell communication system! That system was used by the Heer in radio trucks! The whole system consists of the Torn. E.B. and the 100W.S. Transmitter...

Any more information would be appreciated!

This is the second version of the Torn.E.b. one radio for ground &nd air use. The battery is in one other box.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

I think it is repainted! Is there any way to remove the post war paint without damaging the original one?
    I found the cap of it and the inscription Torn E.b. is covered with paint, that's why i think it is repainted!

On the other hand how can if repainted the waffen mark be visible? Maybe the only thing repainted is the cap and not the main radio box?

i would not mess with the paint leave it as is

The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

nice find.

oluja
    ?

I am a new member, I have a collection of old radios from the second war. This web site is very goood !
    I have this model german radio TORN E.B. in my collection but ex-YU army and Croatian insignia .
    German Radio of some kind... Please help!!German Radio of some kind... Please help!!German Radio of some kind... Please help!!