Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German ration bag? DRK?

Article about: I picked this bag up a long time ago for 3\\$ it is really big about the size of a trash bag. It was sold as an original "ration" bag, but with added stamping to one side (for appeal

Default German ration bag? DRK?

I picked this bag up a long time ago for 3$ it is really big about the size of a trash bag. It was sold as an original "ration" bag, but with added stamping to one side (for appeal im guessing). The side with the eagle is post war, but can anyone tell me what the other side means and what the bag really is?
    German ration bag? DRK?
    German ration bag? DRK?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ration bag? DRK?
    P
    Many

Default Re: German ration bag? DRK?

Swiss I think. Note the dual French/German text and the Swiss Cross in the centre.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The HU stamp is normally found on German ww2 Hospital items i have some bed sheets with the same HU and Eagle stamps that came from a Finnish Military Hospital ,As put above the bag looks to be swiss ,maybe swiss made and German used ?

Ade is right:

"KMV / IMG" is a Swiss Army abbreviation; it stands for "Kriegsmaterialverwaltung / Intendance du matériel de guerre" [= "war materiel administration"].

It's a Swiss army supply-/rations-/whatever bag to which someone has added a Wehrmacht stamp to increase value.

(By the way, here's a bit of trivia and a typical example of military humor: Swiss soldiers came up with an alternate meaning for the KMV/IMG, applying it to the personnel working in this branch: "Keiner macht viel, ich mache gar nichts." [= "Nobody does much; I do nothing at all".]

Thanks guys and HPL your posts are always very detailed and full of great information.