Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

german shovel???

Article about: Evening all I picked this up today I took a gamble on it I didn't pay a lot for it I've got a feeling the shovel is post war or not german was wondering if anyone can help me i can find one

Good point !!!

I looked to fast !!, I'm pretty sure the maker mark also was used on ww2 spades , and I saw the folded ears, so I was too fast in my judgement

Do you have pictures of the backside of the shovel as well ??

Tom

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement german shovel???
    P
    Many

Sorry I haven't got any other pictures on my phone I can take one later when I'm home

Hello,
    The set is postwar
    The shovel is a postwar Idealspaten.
    Sometimes one can find fake markings stamped to this very kind of shovel.

giveaways : ears folded on the wrong side of the blade and NO welding spots...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Great point and sharp eye the ears are in the front and I now don't see any weld marks. Somewhere I did see the stickman proof on a 1952 dated BW shovel. timothy

Quote by timothy View Post
    Great point and sharp eye the ears are in the front and I now don't see any weld marks. Somewhere I did see the stickman proof on a 1952 dated BW shovel. timothy
    thanks timothy ,my initial thoughts were west german bgs so bundeswehr issue makes sence too
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    nice etool/shovel ,im really not sure but judging by the PP it could be early west german border police im saying this because i have PP on a set of trousers ,sorry if im of little help ,regards james
    This comment was sent to the Administration team from a new member, I'll let his signature speak for his credentials.
    Ralph.

"I registered only to answer to one thread i found by accident: "german shovel???"

The meaning of the PP marking is "Der Polizeipräsident in Berlin"/The Police Commissioner of Berlin
    Until reunification it was part of the paramilitary equipment of the West-Berlin police force.

Sven Wittnebel, Polizeihauptmeister a.D. "
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello.
    " P Pr Bln " means Polizei Präsidium Berlin, that's right, " P P " I am not so sure, as there were such markings for other important west german towns.
    By the way I would rather translate this as " Police Headquarters in Berlin " than linking it to a specific individual.

Quote by Edward Lionheart View Post
    Hello.
    " P Pr Bln " means Polizei Präsidium Berlin, that's right, " P P " I am not so sure, as there were such markings for other important west german towns.
    By the way I would rather translate this as " Police Headquarters in Berlin " than linking it to a specific individual.
    Not quite sure what you are trying to say, but the member who posted this information is the current Polizeihauptmeister a.D.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Not quite sure what you are trying to say
    Then the feeling is mutual.

?

Quote by Edward Lionheart View Post
    Hello.
    In Germany, the police president (abbreviation PP or PPr) in the German police force is the head of authority of a large police force, usually a police headquarters. Polizeipräsident and Polizeivizepräsident are official titles in some service positions in most federal states.

Depending on the federal state, police presidents are subordinate to the respective district president, the inspector of the police or the minister of the interior or senator of the interior or president of the authority for the interior and are obliged to report to him. The civil servant status in the federal states varies greatly: in some they are police officers and wear uniforms, in others they are administrative officers and sometimes also wear uniforms. The heads of police administrative offices, training institutions, etc. are usually not police enforcement officers.

In Berlin, until March 2021, the entire state police was called Der Polizeipräsident in Berlin (The Police Commissioner in Berlin), since the staff body as well as the authority as such acted in his name (mission); as of April 2021, the authority was renamed Polizei Berlin (Berlin Police).

But why were we the only ones using the PP abbreviation? Let me guess, the Polizeipräsident in Berlin was the first one with this title (1809)?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast