Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

German Snow Goggles?

Article about: Just purchased these goggles and just wondering what you guys think. They cost me \\$30 which I figured was fair no matter if they are post war Swiss or whatever. Be great displayed on a cap.

?

Default German Snow Goggles?

Just purchased these goggles and wondering what you guys think. The leather nose bridge looks authentic but the number of vents tells me they may be Swiss, no markings as far as I'm aware. They cost me $30 which I figured was fair no matter if they are post war. Be great displayed on a cap anyway. Thanks in advance.

German Snow Goggles?German Snow Goggles?German Snow Goggles?German Snow Goggles?German Snow Goggles?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Snow Goggles?
    P
    Many

I have some extremely similar ones, marked on the outside of the frames at the nose with an eagle. Gebirgsjager I have always thought.

German Snow Goggles?

?

Thanks for your reply KradSpam! This is the second pair of goggles I've purchased that appear to be TR correct. Not in hand as yet, hit the buy now...figured they wouldn't hang around for long. Will keep you posted once I get a good look.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I have some extremely similar ones, marked on the outside of the frames at the nose with an eagle. Gebirgsjager I have always thought.

German Snow Goggles?

Nice goggles plenty of period pictures of them being worn associated with GJ as stated but worn by all. I need to pick up a pair as they sell pretty quick. timothy

?

Hi timothy,

Yes the frustrating thing was our recently re-branded and utterly useless telcom service failed the day I saw these and completing the purchase became near on impossible, succeeded eventually. They will display very well. Ian

I have these Ian that came in their original tin. Consensus is that they are period so you can compare yours......

Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Snow Goggles?   German Snow Goggles?  

German Snow Goggles?   German Snow Goggles?  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

NZEF2,

Thanks for posting. I have a pair of these as well. I don't believe they are post war. I know the german soldiers wore them obviously in snow and other conditions as many photos exist out there. I have seen them in pictures worn by the Gebirgsjager and as Timothy mentions other soldiers as well. I have a picture of a pair I got from germany with this photo album, documents, leather helmet and pin. I have heard they have been Swiss, Austrian and also Italian made. Not sure though. The solider Hans Mirsberger was a Luftwaffe / DLV Glider Pilot. He wore them while skiing and you can see them pictured with him wearing them in my photos from album. Thought I would share. I have seen them for $25 to $45 depending on condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Snow Goggles?   German Snow Goggles?  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

I have two pairs....one theory I have heard on these, especially the unmarked ones, is that they came from captured French stocks

?

Cool add. AMTG! Had not heard that. Thanks for the intel.

Quote by AMTG View Post
    I have two pairs....one theory I have heard on these, especially the unmarked ones, is that they came from captured French stocks
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com