Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Web Bayont Frog with note

Article about: Another new item into the collection today is this very salty and worn German bayonet frog in web material. I couldn't seem to find much online about these but seems to me originals are hard

Default German Web Bayont Frog with note

Another new item into the collection today is this very salty and worn German bayonet frog in web material. I couldn't seem to find much online about these but seems to me originals are harder to come by and are heavily faked. This one came out of New Zealand. Its been used and carries afew stains. Its also missing the smaller straps to hold the handle of the bayonet in place. I know alot of the leather ones have them cut off (my leather one is missing them to) but I was told this was an early version that was made without them? There is no evidence of them being cut away but I would have though it was maybe a later version?

It also came with a note, shown in the pics below, saying it was picked up with a bayonet and K98 rifle in Tunisia 1943 by a Sgt Willard Jones of the 1st Infantry Division and sent home before they went onto Sicily. I know we all collect the item and not the story so I take the note with a grain of salt. I dont know if the stains indicate anything or if the note is right, we will never know but it certainly looks the part to me.

Cheers
    Jason

German Web Bayont Frog with noteGerman Web Bayont Frog with noteGerman Web Bayont Frog with noteGerman Web Bayont Frog with noteGerman Web Bayont Frog with note

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Web Bayont Frog with note
    P
    Many

Default Re: German Web Bayont Frog with note

The frog seems to be good to go in my opinion. Cool story! Hope it is real, But as stated no way to ever know.

Cheers

Mike C.

?

Very hard to find.

Good original AK frog with capture paper just missing it's handle hilt retaining strap hard to come by frog these days. timothy

?

I thought about taking this one but as it came from a US veteran, not an NZ serviceman I let it go. So - no sign at all of a removed retaining strap? The one's I've seen with the strap removed are usually quite obvious, even after considerable wear...and I also thought only a later pattern was missing this feature...
    Regards,
    Mark
    NZ

Hiya Mark,

Picked it up for a decent price so very happy with the purchase. There is no sign of the retaining strap at all, I though when I got it I would see signs of a cut but there is none at all. The stitching is loose on one side where it would have been, but the other is still tight and no signs of a re stitch so it could never have been there. Its an interesting one

Regards
    Jason

Just need that elusive DAK helmet now Jase, eh?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Well done Jase, another great score!

Thanks Dave,

I do Dan, I certainly do. Always on the look out for one as well but nothing comes at the right price for me. I have something on the way, not a lid, but its floating on a slow ship to OZ at the moment

Jason

Quote by VolksJager View Post
    nothing comes at the right price for me.
    ahh, you forget your stellar tropical side cap deal!... now THAT was a bargain
    EM/NCO Tropical Overseas Cap Check
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast