Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German webbing y strap

Article about: Please some info about this strap i am almost certain that this is a german wartime y strap but i think it is some kind of a late warproduction or somthing looks like the strap is never comp

Default German webbing y strap

Please some info about this strap i am almost certain that this is a german wartime y strap but i think it is some kind of a late warproduction or somthing looks like the strap is never completly finisht any info?

Pics

German webbing y strapGerman webbing y strapGerman webbing y strapGerman webbing y strapGerman webbing y strap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German webbing y strap
    P
    Many

I speculate that the web-straps were initially used for the Rucksack, the Food Container, or some other carrying purpose and someone decided to transform them into the Y-strap configuration by adding the rear-leather piece...
    cheers, Glenn

Proper Y straps would have the D Rings for the A Frame pack. Plus the other straps too.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

so its not a proper y strap but could be done wartime the hooks looks wartime?

This has just been made from bits. The buckle and hooks don't even match.

Forget it.

Sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I don't think your web-straps were ever used as Y straps originally, and that someone later decided to convert them to Y-Straps by adding the rear strap/hook...
    Glenn

Web Y Straps certainly existed. See out Mod Tom's site:

MP44.nl - German Uniforms and Equipment - Webbing Y Belt

I need a pair myself...

so thematrials are ww2 era ?

Yes.

Ok good info i must think what i will do with the parts thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast