Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

German Whistle

Article about: Hi! Before committing to a purchase, can someone confirm the authenticity of the whistle and tell me what is value. Regards

Default German Whistle

Hi! Before committing to a purchase, can someone confirm the authenticity of the whistle and tell me what is value.
    Regards

German Whistle
    German Whistle
    German Whistle
    German Whistle
    German Whistle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Whistle
    P
    Many

The 'made in Germany' indicates pre war ( 1920's - 30's ) as post war would be 'made in West Germany'

Maybe ww1, maybe also scouting or hiking??????
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

first of all, most issue whistles I have seen were made of wood and / or bakelite.......

2nd , these could be post war also, because both germanys claimed they were the one and only germany.. things produced (especially) in the DDR were also marked made in Germany.....

but looking at them, these look pretty old to me, so the could be pre-war too.... messing ?? because of the green corrosion ?

Tom

Could be a police whistle, or a sporting whistle, etc.....could be anything really that needed a whistle. And, yes-I agree it's likely 1910's or 20's in appearance. I don't believe that it is military, however, as it would almost certainly have some sort of inspection marks, military marks, etc on it if it were. Value? To be honest, not all that high. Without a positive connection to a specific use, it's basically just an antique whistle...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

My whistle, bought from a Stalingrad digger, shows some similarities in design.

German Whistle German Whistle German Whistle German Whistle

Obviously we are finding that many varieties were used...Shouldn't be terribly surprising as the same goes for compasses, flashlights, and other items that were available for private purchase...We also shouldn't be surprised to find re-issued whistles from the occupied countries' military stocks...
    Please allow me to add my "Germany" marked whistle with (I believe) a HJ-Schnur for comparison...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Whistle   German Whistle  

Last edited by bigmacglenn; 12-29-2013 at 12:31 AM.