Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German wooden box

Article about: Hi, I bought this long time ago from a local kind of flea market. It's in a really good condition as you can see. Can someone tell me what is this box made for, when and does it have some va

?

Default German wooden box

Hi,

I bought this long time ago from a local kind of flea market. It's in a really good condition as you can see. Can someone tell me what is this box made for, when and does it have some value? And is this even a genuine box?

German wooden box
    German wooden box
    German wooden box

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German wooden box
    P
    Many

Lightbulb

Yes ! This is a very nice item indeed - it would have contained the parts ( fuzes, wires etc ) for German Pioneers to prepare the S-Mine 35 ( the notorious 'Bouncing Betty' ). This one is in very good condition , with paint, labels and webbing carrying handle. It certainly has value..as usual with an item of this type, it's worth what someone will pay for it but it won't be cheap. These are not easy to find........

Its a nice genuine box for German anti personnel mines. (S Mine model 1935 or S Mi 35 marked on the top). It will certainly have some value but I couldnt tell you what.

Edit, Martin correctly states it is for the fuzes rather than the mines themselves as it marked Zundmittel (Ignition means).

Yes it is an genuine, original accessories box for the German S-mine 35, it contained fuzes and other parts, as to value, that depends on condition. You have a very nice box with original labels and internal partitions. I would say 100 to 150 euro, but that is just my opinion.

Lightbulb

Although I'm reluctant usually to indicate values, from what I've seen these on offer for at Continental fairs, I reckon Granatwerfer's on the button with his estimate.......

?

Thanks guys for the information and quick response! I really like this forum I think I made a good deal then since I paid 30 euros for it.

I have also two Finnish army boxes, I will post pictures of them a little bit later.

Thumbs up

That's a pleasure, Miikka ! Of course, if it's taking up too much space , and you want to sell it for a profit, I'll happily pay 31 Euros for it......

Nice box you see these sell in Finland for about 50 euros and the UK about £50-60

Thumbs up

That's good to know...all I can say is, if anyone in the UK wants to offload one of these in this condition for 50 notes - I'm your man !

Very nice I have to get me one of these !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast