Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

German ww2 winter felt boots

Article about: Hello everyone, I need help identifying these boots. I had a feeling they are post war but what do you guys think? I appreciate all comments and opinions! Thank you

?

Default German ww2 winter felt boots

Hello everyone, I need help identifying these boots. I had a feeling they are post war but what do you guys think? I appreciate all comments and opinions! Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German ww2 winter felt boots
    P
    Many

?

German ww2 winter felt boots German ww2 winter felt boots German ww2 winter felt boots German ww2 winter felt boots German ww2 winter felt bootsGerman ww2 winter felt boots German ww2 winter felt boots

?

German ww2 winter felt boots

?

I think also that the Winter Felt Boots are post war or perhaps for civilian use. Usually wartime felt boots have short spilt at the top at the back of the boot with a short strap and buckle. The pull-on straps inside the boots are leather, I see this for the first time usually they are cloth. The heels appear to be a light brown rubber normally they were made from leather same as the soles. I wonder if they are a pair ! the stamped numbers don't match.

?

Thanks for the reply and your opinion on the boots. I believe you are correct about the straps and soles and it would be interesting to know if they were a pair for sure. I would guess so since the wear is very similar on both of them but as you said the numbers dont match for some reason. I wonder what year they were made and for how long they made and used this type of boot in the army.

Looks like a NATO stock number, possibley made / re-issued in 1962