Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?

Article about: I just bought this for 70 bucks. I like it, They say its ww2 but do you guys have any clue?

Default is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?

I just bought this for 70 bucks. I like it, They say its ww2 but do you guys have any clue?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is this a GERMAN WWII LUFTWAFFE PILOT FLIGHT LEATHER SHOULDER HOLSTER?
    P
    Many

If you compare the rivets of this to say, a K98 frog or other kit, they look more Eastern European than German. I would say its Bulgarian or similar myself ( but thats just my opinion )

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

yeah its really hard to tell since I don't think these were actually issued

?

I've also seen the Bulgarian leather resemble TR items, such as belts/brocades and holsters. The rivets and snaps look pretty fresh on the holster above. I have a map case with a similar snap/rivet set-up and leather strap, and although it has seen much combat and/or field use , it's in pretty decent shape, ie. chrome rivets and hooks (strap) and snaps painted brown ( map case) .

I hope you get the info you need here , ( no particular thanks goes to me, I just added some trivial tid-bits , skewed as they may be , from my personal point of view)

Thank you for your response. Well I have not sent him the money for it yet, since HE said it was ww2 german. But for the money hell I guess is it worth keeping?.. I don't think it has any marks or what not

?

To be honest i dont like it, look at the stitch holes where the rivets have been placed, the straps were to be bigger, but it looks like an after thought to add the rivets for smaller straps, something just is,nt right about this piece, but its your money and all about how happy you feel about it

that's why I post stuff on this forum to get your thoughts on this stuff. Im going to tell him false advertisement to get out of it. THanks for your thought!

?

This is a cheap leather do it your self kit of some kind. The holes for the stitching are pre punched. The strap is probably from something else or from another kit, you can see the pre punched hole to stitch a wider one . It sure as hell isn't military production of any kind.

Agreed....nothing Third Reich about this one...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sorry to say it doesn;t resemble a vet airfield pickup I once had. timothy