Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

German Y straps (leathe)

Article about: Hi guys. recently purchased set of leather Y straps, knowlwdge of German equipment slight!, they look a good age, should there be any identifying marks or stamps anywhere apart from the rear

Comerford T
    ?

Default German Y straps (leathe)

Hi guys.

recently purchased set of leather Y straps, knowlwdge of German equipment slight!, they look a good age, should there be any identifying marks or stamps anywhere apart from the rear leather which has a very messy 1942.

I have had a trawl on internet, some informative sites but all have round loop where the straps join, the example I have is more triangular.

any one with information??

Thanks Tim

2. # ADS

You will need to post some photos. You could have a pair of Tuxedo suspenders for all we know. NH

Comerford T
    ?

Default Photos attached.

German Y straps (leathe)German Y straps (leathe)German Y straps (leathe)German Y straps (leathe)

OK, now the crew can take a look. Two things stand out. The connecting ring for the shoulder straps and tail piece is not a typical German design. Also, the three straps are normally all sewn instead of riveted. Someone here should be able to identify them. I am guessing they are from some other European Army. Not sure which one that would be. NH

Surplus site Sfrankish has these advertised as Austrian Y-straps. They sell for $12. Usually, these are padded. It appears the padding has been removed from your pair. NH

German Y straps (leathe)

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Surplus site Sfrankish has these advertised as Austrian Y-straps. They sell for $12. Usually, these are padded. It appears the padding has been removed from your pair. NH
    Neil is correct, they are Austrian.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, Tom is correct - post war. I didn't point that out but you could guess from the $12 price tag that these are not WWII era! Reenactors have used these for WWII era living history after removing the padding. Not correct but back in the day when there were no reproductions available they were a cheap way to get something that was at least in the ballpark. NH