Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is this a GJ canteen?

Article about: For sale here localy, around 50e. Is it fine? Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Is this a GJ canteen?

For sale here localy, around 50e. Is it fine?
    Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a GJ canteen?
    P
    Many

Is this a GJ canteen?

It might be more accurately described as a medical 1 liter canteen but it was used widely in many theatres and not exclusively by Gebirgsjaeger. The leather strap is very rough and it is missing the shoulder strap. However, I would say the canteen, cloth cover and cup are certainly worth 50 Euro. For the equivalent of $65 US I would pick this up. The cup alone might be worth $30 or more. See photo for a complete example. NH

Im very interested in it, i asked him is it all matching, now waiting confirmation.

all looks good.

He says he took it all apart, no stamps or any markings. I think ill go for it, its not 50 its 40e, and he will bring the price down

Matching or not - BUY IT! You would spend that much on the cup alone. Most likely there is a date and manufacturer mark on the neck of the canteen. NH

The situation developed pretty nice. Got it for 32e + free shipping. Cheers to all, ill post pics when it arrives. Also the seller wil send it to me first, after i check everything is fine then i need to pay. We need more people like this.

40 bucks! The cup is worth about that alone. Terrific buy. NH

That is a good one worth the price even if missing straps. timothy

Here it is. The only thing that is a bit off place are the patinated straps on the wool, it was assembled the wrong way around.

Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?Is this a GJ canteen?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast