Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grave marker, or memorial plaque

Article about: I get weird things brought to me, but I was wondering about this. Im sorry I did not know what part of the forum to put this in. I was told this is from the Bad Reichenhall. It was picked ou

Default Grave marker, or memorial plaque

I get weird things brought to me, but I was wondering about this. Im sorry I did not know what part of the forum to put this in. I was told this is from the Bad Reichenhall. It was picked out of Germany. I don't know if anyone knows of any pics with a room of these plaques. Any help would be great. Thank you Grave marker, or memorial plaqueGrave marker, or memorial plaque

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Grave marker, or memorial plaque
    P
    Many

?

Prayer in Memory Dear son & brother.. ..G

It translates as:

"As a memory in prayer
    of our dear son and brother
    Josef Forstmayer

Obergefreiter in a Gebirgsjäger regiment
    KIA 24 March 44 in the East
    34 years of age
    R.I.P
    ."

"Memorial plaque" is the best description, as this would be installed in a cemetery, on a church wall or other such suitable place if the actual grave was elsewhere. Which, of course, was common during the war.

?

As expected HPL2008 comes through again !!! G

I was told its from Bad Reichenhall. Do you know anything about that place. Im not sure if they had several plaques there or what. I have no use for it actually so Maybe I can send it back to them. I don't know if this was stolen, or what.

Quote by collin102353 View Post
    I was told its from Bad Reichenhall. Do you know anything about that place.
    See: Bad Reichenhall - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote by collin102353 View Post
    Im not sure if they had several plaques there or what. I have no use for it actually so Maybe I can send it back to them. I don't know if this was stolen, or what.
    Your willingness to return the plaque honors you, but who would you send it to? It is by no means certain that anybody there would want it or even if any family members of the fallen soldier still live in Bad Reichenhall (if that really is the item's place of origin, that is.)

Of course, you could try to contact the town administration [see: Stadt Bad Reichenhall - Kontakt, Öffnungszeiten & Anfahrt ]...

?

That would be a good gesture in my opinion... Some feel this opens wounds though..
    I personally would do my best to return it... JMHO...Thanks for posting and nice to see you here again collin102353...G

try the writing to the burgermiester.

?

No record of him in the Volksbund database !

Since he died in the East, his body probably never recovered. I will have to contact the Bad Reichenhall and ask if anything was stolen or what not. It looks like someone spend some time in making this plaque and it shouldn't be sitting in a box. Also the fact this was made for a soldier who gave it all for there country.

Hey Paul is there a way you can look up a name for me on that database!?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast