Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot

Article about: Hi all, here’s yet another of the many styles of low boots,official and un-official alike,used by the German Armed Forces during WW2. It’s a pair of second model Schnurschuhe,and

Default A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot

Hi all,
    here’s yet another of the many styles of low boots,official and un-official alike,used by the German Armed Forces during WW2.
    It’s a pair of second model Schnurschuhe,and the differences between this model and the M37, posted somewhere in this subforum, lie in the way the boots are made,while the quality remains quite high.
    The “counter”,i.e. the rear part of the shoe used to stiffen/reinforce the rear part and to give it structure is sewn externally like on the Bergschuhe.There’s not a mixed use of grommets and hooks anymore-only grommets in a number going from five to nine on the specimens I’ve owned and seen-and inside the upper edge of the “throat”,i.e. the top opening that you put your foot into,is sewn a band of green uniform cloth.This band should have helped the long,straight M36/M40 trousers and stay at their place when tucked inside the boot,preventing sand,dirt and snow to get into the shoe in the process.This feature is not always seen and sometimes it’s erroneously considered a sign of “WSS usage”.These boots,like the rest of WW2 German footwear,left the factory in their original leather color,only to be blackened later.This pair has been blackened and have been found with pieces of thread as used inside German rucksack as laces.
    They come with size stamps and are 1944-dated.The soles show two different dates in that,just like many other items,their lots have been dated upon their arrival at the Schusterei( November 1943 and January 1944 respectively) and used together anytime during 1944.
    The steel toe plate is typical and it's size-stamped “5”.Again,take a close look at these pictures and compare the details to that genuine, WH issue post-war Czech Salvation Army low-boot...if you don't find at least ten perfectlymatching details than the odds of that pair being genuine are.......your answer here !

Cheers
    Manny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot   A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot  

A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot   A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot  

A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot   A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot
    P
    Many

Default Re: A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot

More
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot   A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot  

?

Default Re: A guide to the German Footwear of WW2:(3) 1944-dated Second Model/M44 Low Boot

where do you get such items ? amazing quality and top description yet again. thanks for posting.

Quote by Adept View Post
    where do you get such items ? amazing quality and top description yet again. thanks for posting.
    Alo Mihai,
    I've gathered my items thru years of collecting.These boots are very nice in that they're minty but,truth be told,I MUCH prefer items that have seen combat.
    Thank you for watching!
    Cheers
    Manny
    P.S.;I've been buzy lately but tomorrow or this Wednesday coming your buckle will be on its way!

?

Quote by Canuck63 View Post
    Alo Mihai,
    I've gathered my items thru years of collecting.These boots are very nice in that they're minty but,truth be told,I MUCH prefer items that have seen combat.
    Thank you for watching!
    Cheers
    Manny
    P.S.;I've been buzy lately but tomorrow or this Wednesday coming your buckle will be on its way!

no hurry there send it when you can. i can understand that a proper collection is built in years, but some of the pieces that you posted, i haven't even seen live ... that is why i am amazed by them.