Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Haar u. Bartscheermaschine REX - is it Wehrmacht issue?

Article about: Bought these hair clippers, collector thinning out his collection. Certainly from the period, but is it Wehrmacht issue ? Any information welcome.

?

Default Haar u. Bartscheermaschine REX - is it Wehrmacht issue?

Bought these hair clippers, collector thinning out his collection. Certainly from the period, but is it Wehrmacht issue ? Any information welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haar  u. Bartscheermaschine REX - is it Wehrmacht issue?   Haar  u. Bartscheermaschine REX - is it Wehrmacht issue?  

Haar  u. Bartscheermaschine REX - is it Wehrmacht issue?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Haar  u. Bartscheermaschine REX - is it Wehrmacht issue?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Haar u. Bartscheermaschine REX - is it Wehrmacht issue?

I think if they were military issue they would most likely have a Wehrmacht property stamp on them? But they are a nice period set, as you mentioned. I see no reason why they could not have been carried by a soldier. I know from talking with Vets that some guys bought these and did hair cuts for comrades to earn a bit of beer money.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes, Ade you have a point, looking at a military shaving razor I have, it does have a labeling motif indictating property of the Wehrmacht.Thanks for the post. Unfortunately I can only show one picture, the rapper is still sealed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Haar  u. Bartscheermaschine REX - is it Wehrmacht issue?  
    Last edited by AlecH; 07-10-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Alec,
    I cannot vouch for the "Rasierapparat" being authentic but the fact that the box of the hair clipper has a Swaz on it doesn't necessarily mean that the item's "Wehrmacht Issue"!
    In my opinion Ade's reply makes a lot of sense,and as a matter of fact many soldiers from all armies carried many civvy items with them,and they still do today!
    Cheers
    Manny

the hair-cutting machine was purchased in a German business

The states with cross stickers

a German Jewish answer to the propaganda of the time

On 24.3.1933 the London Daily Express appeared the seven columns wide lead story:
    "Judea Declares War on Germany" (Judah declares war on Germany).
    +
    Excerpts from newspaper articles diem: Jews throughout the world join together for a boycott of German goods