Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Hand crancked siren

Article about: Hi, Totally new here, I am (re)searching (for) a hand crancked siren of the manufacturer "Mende". To use the forum properly, I would like to know which subforum I should enter to d

Default Hand crancked siren

Hi,

Totally new here, I am (re)searching (for) a hand crancked siren of the manufacturer "Mende". To use the forum properly, I would like to know which subforum I should enter to discuss such an item. I don't know if the siren was military or civilian, and, if the former, whether it would have belonged to a soldier's or platoon's kit. It isn't even clear to me whether it was really a war-time tool.

Any assitance is greatly appreciated. Here's an image of the siren: Hand crancked siren

Thanks in advance for any help,

Luk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hand crancked siren
    P
    Many

Nice one! Possibly belonged to a member of the Luftschutz/Air Raid Wardens....
    GLenn

Where on warrelics.eu would I best inquire about this?
    I just found a similar one on ebay, but the German Ebay forbids its sale. Would such sirens have been Nazi equipment? (This would be one of the reasons that Ebay.de refuses sales.)

Likely under "Equipment"...there are also a few Threads here at the bottom of the page to review! I see these on Ebay Germany all the time, friend...they usually sell for $100-$150....
    cheers, Glenn

Check the associated links below. The one posted by our Jersey member is complete with a cover if I am not mistaken. I have one too. NH

Thanks!
    That's a nice one, in Jersey.

I saw such sirens in the north of France, used in bunkers or outside bunkers when allied planes came.
    Impossible to keep in Paris!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Thumbs up

I also have one of these. Mine is made to be mounted on something, vehicle or ??? It has a quick detach mount.
    Sarge