Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hat and coat rack

Article about: My father pick this up at the soldiers barracks below the 'Eagles Nest' when we were in Germany in 1958 or 1959. I have had it for 50 years. The attached pics are are of the buildings where

barhob
    ?

Default Hat and coat rack

My father pick this up at the soldiers barracks below the 'Eagles Nest' when we were in Germany in 1958 or 1959. I have had it for 50 years. The attached pics are are of the buildings where the hat/coat rack came from. It is made of heavy steel with a hard paint. One can see the numbers in the German style.
    My kids do not want it. How do i sell this? Any help is appreciated.
    thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hat and coat rack   Hat and coat rack  

Hat and coat rack   Hat and coat rack  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Hat and coat rack

Hello,
    This kind of items is hard to sell. If you don't have a period photo showing this kind of coat rack used at the time in a german soldiers barrack...any potential buyer will ask the question...this rack could be from any old gymnasium anywhere in the world...always hard to authenticate these items.
    You have to think about the shipping also...it must be quite heavy...
    A collector who builds a german bunker or barrack in his war room could be interested in it...why not try to sell it here on the WRF?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

Default Re: Hat and coat rack

Looks like it came from the SS barracks at the bottom of the hill.....interesting piece of Third Reich Militaria. If you got to a webstie called "third reich in ruins" you can see then and now pics of the site, these particular buildings were torn down in the early 2000's, but the foundation and cellars remain.
    Sorry I cant help with helping you move it on, just thought I would pass on some info!