Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heer bread bag & field shovel

Article about: Can you guys look at this Heer bread bag & shovel for me and give me an opinion thanks.Little more info the bag is reported to be a Brotbeutel model 42

?

Default Heer bread bag & field shovel

Heer bread bag & field shovelCan you guys look at this Heer bread bag & shovel for me and give me an opinion thanks.Little more info the bag is reported to be a Brotbeutel model 42
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer bread bag & field shovel   Heer bread bag & field shovel  

Heer bread bag & field shovel   Heer bread bag & field shovel  

Heer bread bag & field shovel  
    Last edited by Mark K; 04-16-2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: new info & picture

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer bread bag & field shovel
    P
    Many

Default Re: Heer bread bag & field shovel

Bread bag and strap are fine originals.

I will leave it to more qualified members to comment on the entrenching tool and carrier.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade I will be trying to purchase these items today in an auction.

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Thanks Ade I will be trying to purchase these items today in an auction.
    You mean eBay? The breadbag is good...not so the entrenching tool!Not-German entrenching tools were commonly used and as far as we know this one could have been used by a German soldier but it's not WH-issue!

?

Thanks for the help guys I did not even bid on the shovel didn't feel good about it glad I didn't now .But I did win the bread bag and strap $117.00 US I did look at the collectors guild and did find three for sale there from $203.00 US-$280.00 US for a tropical breadbag so I think I did well the pictures look good anyway will let you know how it looks when it gets here Thanks again.

?

Default Heer bread bag arrived today

Bread bag arrived today it is a lot nicer than just holding the pictures in my hand.

Hello,
    As already mentioned, the Brotbeutel and its strap are genuine.
    Please kozowy don't take the collectors guild for reference about prices, i mean almost all items for sale on the site are overpriced. Divide the prices by two and you'll be close of their real current value on the militaria market.
    Although this type of simplified continental Brotbeutel without leather pieces on the belt loops was produced circa 1942 (and yours is 1942 dated), i have never seen in official texts that it was called a Model 42 Breadbag. It's still a M31 Brotbeutel...
    Congrats anyway, a decent piece of german combat gear... (shovel & cover are crap)
    How does the repair between the hook and the belt loop look ?
    Do you think it could be period done ?
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

After close inspection of the repair the thread that was used is a coarse twisted grey green cotton and would appear to be a period repair.There are sighns of were the thread had been rubbing on the the material of the breadbag causing a little foxing. I do have a couple more questions the leather reinforcing that I have seen on many breadbags when did they start applying it to the straps.And in your opinion would this breadbag have been issued to Heer and or wehrmacht soldiers and if not to which branch of the service would it have been issued to.