Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130

Article about: Hi Guys, for many years I have fancied having an issue wristwatch in my collection and to wear on occasion. I finally picked this one up yesterday. It is Swiss made for the Heer. It uses a s

Default Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130

Hi Guys, for many years I have fancied having an issue wristwatch in my collection and to wear on occasion.

I finally picked this one up yesterday.

It is Swiss made for the Heer. It uses a standard Swiss AS1130 movement. This was used by more than one watchmaker as it was a very rugged design and made to Wehrmachtwerk standards. It is shockproof.

The face is the standard black with the company name "Tritona" and Wasserdicht (Waterproof) and radium luminous painted dial. The paint has now lost it's glow though.

The body of the watch is made of Stainless Steel. The reverse has a screw on back plate. This is serial numbered and letter coded. The "D" stands for "Dienstuhr" ('Service Watch') and the H is of course for 'Heer'. These markings are only found on non German made watches. This serial number was entered into the soldiers Soldbuch if he was issued with a watch. Private soldiers generally did not get issued with a watch as they were not considered to need one for their duties. It is not unknown for Army contract watches to even be issued to members of the Luftwaffe. The body of the watch is also stamped with a "42". It do not think this is a date, but it is the last two digits of the watch serial number, so I expect this is why it is so marked.

It needs a new strap and a clean. The crystal is in good condition with no scratches. It is small compared to a man's watch today and measures around 30mm.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130   Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130
    P
    Many

Nice watch i have a couple myself and a good use able item does it still keep good time ?

Here are the 3 i have i hope you dont mind me adding them to your thread
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130   Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130  

Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130   Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130  

Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130   Heer issue wristwatch: Armbanduhr Tritona AS 1130  

Bravo. I wear a watch of recent manufacture that is quite similar. Very handsome thing, indeed.

Nice watch Ade ! I have taken to wearing a 1938 Junghans Bodensee, a civilian model.......
    Prost ! Steve.