Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

help with jack boots

Article about: i have a pair of german jack boots that i got for cheap on ebay witch is a bad place to buy.. but .. i was just hoping to know more about them from anybody who can tell me more... their hobn

Default help with jack boots

i have a pair of german jack boots that i got for cheap on ebay witch is a bad place to buy.. but .. i was just hoping to know more about them from anybody who can tell me more... their hobnailed and have metal horse shoe type things on front and back.. on the front the metal piece is marked schwelma. and on the back marked 5L . dose anybody know what this stands for? and maybe what period they would be from.. from what i can tell there is no other marking or dates ..

i can post pictures if it is needed .. i just have a bumb camera that i am to impationt to try to get to work

im sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with jack boots
    P
    Many

3mk
    ?

Default Re: help with jack boots

Hey Lange91 and welcome to the forum!
    Pictures would be helpful for us to indentify the model and if fake or original.
    No need to apologize for your lack of knowledge!This forum is for asking questions and no one will make fun of you or anything, we all need to ask questions!

well thank you vary much for your reassurance. i can post pics here in a few minutes just have to try to get this camera working

i forgot to mention there are some repairs.. im not sure if they are consistant with repairs during the war.. so if u anyone knows that pleas tell me .. i included those pictures as well.

i cant get a good picture of the markings with my secondary camera.

any help?

3mk
    ?

Hey Lange,
    Sorry for the late reply,All I can tell you is that these are original model 39 jackboots,I think they were made around 1943 Im not sure though.

thanks for the madle and date.. would still like to know about the markings on bottum if anyone knows

HI i have a pair of jackboots on the site ,and inside the boots upper part of the leather they are marked (hancle 39).Im asuming this was one of the makers of jackboots.you might find marks inside then?

i can not seem to find any markings on the inside.. the only thing i see is on the sole part where i mentiond it said shewlma and 5L i cna see where it looks like their was a cloth makers tag sewn on the inside but it has been removed.. i think this is the spot but im only going off of other pictuers iv seen on the forum