Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...

Article about: Greetings Friends, I've come across an Odd One here that I can't quite identify...Seller thinks it's German...I can only speculate that it's either a Late-War Variant that I've never seen be

Default Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...

Greetings Friends,
    I've come across an Odd One here that I can't quite identify...Seller thinks it's German...I can only speculate that it's either a Late-War Variant that I've never seen before or that it's Reissued Captured Stock...
    Your Insights are Appreciated!
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...  Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...  Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...  Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...
    P
    Many

Italian wwII if i'm not mistaken .....

Tom

Hello,
    Tom is right, that's a WWII italian messkit. But the italian messkit was left unpainted (bare aluminium) when the italian soldier was issued with it. This green paint indicate that this italian messkit was reissued to the german army...so not german but used by the german army....hope it helps...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Hello to all,
    I confirm that this is an Italian aluminum mess kit mod. 1930 "small type", because there was a larger version used by Alpine Troops.
    As has been correctly said, it was generally used without painting, are rare the examples painted in gray-green anti-reflective color, it was used sporadically since 1943, most probably after the Armistice, part of these examples ended in German hands.
    If it can be helpful, I add some photos of the two configurations in comparison.

Regards
    Roberto

Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...Help with Mess-Kit Appreciated...