Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Needed, WW2 German Field Welding Set

Article about: Hi, I have what I understand to be a WW2 German field welding set, 2 stroke NSU engine. Originally painted in ordnance tan, the sprung base still works, small amount of movement in kickstart

michael8626
    ?

Default Help Needed, WW2 German Field Welding Set

Hi, I have what I understand to be a WW2 German field welding set, 2 stroke NSU engine.

Originally painted in ordnance tan, the sprung base still works, small amount of movement in kickstart.

I'm not sure if its a 'field welding set' of just generator? I am looking to sell and was looking for any information as to what it actually is?

Any information would be gratefully received. I have found an old thread here of something that looks very similar.

German generator

Thanks in advance.

Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Needed, WW2 German Field Welding Set   Help Needed, WW2 German Field Welding Set  

Help Needed, WW2 German Field Welding Set  

2. # ADS

Not my field, but it certainly looks like a field generator to me. More than a few parts missing, however. Interesting find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Definitely a gennie and not a welder.
    There is no transformer for starters nor controls.
    It would be a great restoration project! !

Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks to be a 3 phase Genny, used to power up any kind of field installations - command, medical and radio posts, camps, workshops etc. The skid could be fitted to a small trailer if necessary.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

michael8626
    ?

Many thanks for the replies. It has been standing in a barn and should have sold years ago as it has deteriorated somewhat. I have no idea what it is worth (?) and I will be listing it on eBay tomorrow with no reserve if anyone is interested.

Regards
    Michael