Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help please - ID this holster???

Article about: Hi all, A few years ago I aquired a deactivated Erma Luger type pistol with holster. I am not a gun collector and know about as much about guns as I know about nuclear physics - Nothing!! Th

Default Help please - ID this holster???

Hi all, A few years ago I aquired a deactivated Erma Luger type pistol with holster. I am not a gun collector and know about as much about guns as I know about nuclear physics - Nothing!! The Pistol, a .22 cal, fits the holster perfectly and the wear on the inside looks consistent with having housed a luger type weapon for a few years. I can not find any markings on the holster. Can anyone out there please supply the following information??

1. The Erma is deactivated to UK standards and has a certificate of deactivation. However, does it have a value in the UK??
    2. The holster appears quite old and has seen a bit of service. Is it a Luger holster per se?
    3. The guy I traded it from was adamant that it cost him a lot of money as it was used by the german military and police. Is this a 33/45 holster and if so would it have seen service in the TR??
    4. Country of origin??
    5. Value on the collector market??

I know that I am asking a lot but I would be very happy to hear from anyone prepaired to lend assistance. Thank you to all who take the time to read and perhaps lend me assistance or an opinion on these two items.

Help please - ID this holster???Help please - ID this holster???Help please - ID this holster???Help please - ID this holster???Help please - ID this holster???Help please - ID this holster???

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michael R

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help please - ID this holster???
    P
    Many

?

Haven't a clue Michael but lets hopes somebody knows something? I'm sure they will good luck.. Cheers Terry.

Thanks Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think its German military-Imperial or Nazi stuff was usually well marked with maker and acceptance stamps-a 2 magazine pouch provision is also highly unusual for a German military holster and the general shape is not correct for a Luger-it is, however, obviously a quality, well made item-perhaps a private commercial rig or for a foreign govt order although you would still expect to see some sort of maker info on it.

ian
    ?

it is FINISH for a LAHTI pistol
    cheers ian

ERMA .22 Lugers are a 1960s -70s gun, not built to the same standard as a wartime 9mm Luger and many parts were made from a alloy with steel inserts where required.

ian
    ?

Default lahti

heres the pistol with holster from finland ,,for the LAHTI aoutomatic pistol ,,a sort of luger clone for want of a better description
    cheers ian
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please - ID this holster???  
    Attached Images Attached Images Help please - ID this holster???  Help please - ID this holster???  Help please - ID this holster??? 

ian
    ?

Swedish Lahti ? Luger WW II Military pistol holster black leather F16 | eBay
    heres one for sale on ebay , its not swedish though ,its finnish , but you get the drift , ,as you can see buy it now ,, prety cheep,so i think the trader was dreaming about it being a lot of money , as far as the value of the ERMA .22 ,,sorry cant help with that , but i would think not much becouse it has little interest to a collector ,as it post war civilian ,gun
    cheers ian

I had considered it could be a Lahti holster but it was nothing like examples I could see on websites and although the pistol is somewhat Luger shaped, it's larger, much heavier and the action is more like that of the Japanese Nambu T14 which is also vaguely 'Lugerish'-still a quality holster though.

PS The Finns were also a major user of Luger pistols as well, starting with ex WW1 examples, then buying .30 cal commercial examples in the 1920s and lastly getting standard 9mm P08 types just before the war.

ian
    ?

the 4th pic in my last post is the swedish holster sorry if i missled any one on that ,,it is some what different from the finnish holster ,,IE striping tool pouch and cleaning rod pouch ,,allso the holster in the original post is finnish airforce ,as are the ones in my post ,,the army holsters had leather belt loops ,,and were brown leather ,,the airforce holsteres were black ,and had dagger type clips to attatch to the belt

cheers ian

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast