Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Hindenburg Landing Crew Lakehurst, German Pocket Watch

Article about: Hello, My father was on a recent trip to Hungary and purchased this pocket watch from a lady at a roadside stand. He was not able to get much information on the origin of the watch. He showe

JackClark22
    ?

Default Hindenburg Landing Crew Lakehurst, German Pocket Watch

Hello,

My father was on a recent trip to Hungary and purchased this pocket watch from a lady at a roadside stand. He was not able to get much information on the origin of the watch. He showed it to me when he returned from the trip and I was immediately intrigued. I have logged many hours on the internet searching for another one but have had no luck. I have seen similar style watches from the 1936 Olympic games but no other watches that mention Hindenburg.

I found this wonderful forum and was hoping that someone out there might know some more about this watch. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I did see another pocket watch on this forum from a 1944 Uboat that had a very similar face and was made by Junghans.

Hindenburg Landing Crew Lakehurst, German Pocket WatchHindenburg Landing Crew Lakehurst, German Pocket WatchHindenburg Landing Crew Lakehurst, German Pocket Watch

2. # ADS

This is an obvious fake, unfortunately...these are being produced in Eastern Europe and are designed to deceive the unwary...There was no more Hindenburg to land in 1938, as she was destroyed on May 6th, 1937...
    cheers, Glenn

I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

JackClark22
    ?

Thank you for the reply! My first instinct was that it was a fake but it really really looks like an old watch, especially the face. Are all parts fake or did they just take an existing old pocket watch and make fake covers for the outside? Thats what looked most fake to me as it looked like a very thin sheet with the engravings placed on the front and back. Also the date of 1938 was strange to me as the Hindenburg crashed in 1937.

Have you seen this exact fake pocket watch before? Thanks for the help!

I can't tell you anything about the actual watch other than that the embellishments are fake, and are in fact absurd, including incorrect Fonts...They pack as much Nazi-symbolisms as they can into an item, and unwary folks are bedazzled by it...We see this on blades, watches, cameras, belt buckles, you name it, friend...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hindenburg Landing Crew Lakehurst, German Pocket Watch  

good old eastern european inginuity,the mugs will buy it.

Here we go...take your pick...
    cheers, Glenn
    Attached Images Attached Images Hindenburg Landing Crew Lakehurst, German Pocket Watch 

Smile

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    Here we go...take your pick...
    cheers, Glenn
    Wow! .... even Nazi yo yos
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Why have "landing crew" in English, when the rest of the watch detail is in German ?
    .... This in itself would set the pocket watch alarm bells chiming !

.... and the EK is wrong and has no swastika and the ones on the tail fins are not rotated as the originals were.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "