Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

HJ Canteen

Article about: Hello, Picked up a nice clean example of a HJ Canteen today. RZM marked on cap top and bottle throat M6/2/40 . Leather is sound and no mothing on wool cover with only minor oxidization on be

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Here are images of my Early SS Allgemeine Canteen from 1935 which is very early with throat and cap stamped with SS Runes and RZM 46/35. Maker being 46 and 35 being year 1935. I am thinking my canteen I pictured is a HJ Canteen since it does not have the SS runes stamped into it. I am hoping Wim Saris and others with more RZM knowledge can add sage and wisdom to the chili here. I have 5 canteens but RZM Markings is not my sweet spot. I seem to recall however that possibly SS carried the brown wool cover as well? We shall see what Wim can offer and others here.

Attachment 1131855

Attachment 1131856

Attachment 1131859

Attachment 1131857

Attachment 1131858

Attachment 1131862

Attachment 1131864

Attachment 1131860

Attachment 1131861

Attachment 1131866

Attachment 1131863

Attachment 1131865
    Killer canteen right there!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Canteen
    P
    Many

?

Quote by weller View Post
    Thanks. As Ben Evan says she’s a cracker and rarer than hens teeth. I love it. One of my favorite pieces in my collection.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

On your canteen RZM - M6/35/39 marking unless I am mistaken?

M6 = Aluminum
    35 = Aluminiumwerke Göttingen, GmbH
    39 = 1939

Maybe someone can fact check me there on that???

?

For fun, here are the 1934 'FA' codes on a brown covered SA/Political canteen
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Canteen   HJ Canteen  

HJ Canteen   HJ Canteen  

?

Nice canteen for sure and the same maker as your HJ. I thought the grey canteens were HJ but certainly could have been used by other groups. I think there is a discussion of this here and I'll try and find it. I have two brown covered canteens and both are dated 1934 and use the early SA 'FA' prefix, both being before the RZM codes that were to follow.
    I think this photo below of my album Julius Priestersbach shows him using your canteen with a brown wool cover or maybe even mine I know these canteens are moving targets as many of the paramilirary & political organizations used them. Luftwaffe I thought was bluish & SA more tan. SS black & brown and HJ / DJ brown and black as well.

HJ Canteen

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    I think this photo below of my album Julius Priestersbach shows him using your canteen with a brown wool cover or maybe even mine I know these canteens are moving targets as many of the paramilirary & political organizations used them. Luftwaffe I thought was bluish & SA more tan. SS black & brown and HJ / DJ brown and black as well.

HJ Canteen
    Nice photo, if only it was in color

?

Nice photo, if only it was in color
    Believe the Canteen cover is brown in Pic.
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-15-2017 at 05:35 AM.

?

For fun, here are the 1934 'FA' codes on a brown covered SA/Political canteen
    Hi Jeff,

Was able to get some further confirmation data from Wim Saris. He is very helpful and such a valued resource to us all. Gave me a little better grasp on the makers & RZM Markings.

On the HJ canteen I posted:

RZM M6/2/40
    M6 = Aluminiumwaren-Hersteller
    2 = Heinrich Ritter from Esslingen am Necker. For that reason clip Marked Patent Ritter
    40 = 1940

On your HJ canteen as I posted yesterday he confirmed
    35 = Aluminiumwerke Göttingen Gmbh
    39 = 1939

SS Allgemeine Black Cover Canteen - Wim said he did not have a list for SS manufacturers so unsure who maker was bearing number 46. 35 is for 1935 on my SS Allgemeine Black cover early version

On your 1934 early canteen with tan cover. FA stands for Feldflaschen.. FA 4/34 is thought to be Aluminiumindustrie Jünger & Co from Lüdenscheid, manufactured in 1934. The M codes came into being in March 1935.
    Last edited by Rossi; 11-15-2017 at 04:19 PM.

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Hi Jeff,

Was able to get some further confirmation data from Wim Saris. He is very helpful and such a valued resource to us all. Gave me a little better grasp on the makers & RZM Markings.

On the HJ canteen I posted:

RZM M6/2/40
    M6 = Aluminiumwaren-Hersteller
    2 = Heinrich Ritter from Esslingen am Necker. For that reason clip Marked Patent Ritter
    40 = 1940

On your HJ canteen as I posted yesterday he confirmed
    35 = Aluminiumwerke Göttingen Gmbh
    39 = 1939

SS Allgemeine Black Cover Canteen - Wim said he did not have a list for SS manufacturers so unsure who maker was bearing number 46. 35 is for 1935 on my SS Allgemeine Black cover early version

On your 1934 early canteen with tan cover. FA stands for Feldflaschen.. FA 4/34 is thought to be Aluminiumindustrie Jünger & Co from Lüdenscheid, manufactured in 1934. The M codes came into being in March 1935.
    To be sure, once again, a big thanks to Mr. Saris.

Very nice canteen, Kirk!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2