Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

HJ and SS Black canteen covers

Article about: Hello! I have a question - whether there were black covers for canteens for HJ and SS? J. Angolia, in his book "Hitler Youth", wrote that the early HJ canteen covers were black. Is

About NSKK, I did overlook the "Anzugsordnung des NSKK" from December 1936,
    which is in my files of course. If this color feldgrau actually was worn, I do not know
    as I know also black was worn, in accordance with the color for the leather.

Between 1934-1935 they did wear the same as SA. It was literally said: Feldflaschen des
    NSKK nur in SA-olivbraun, nicht in schwarz
    (Verordnungsblatt des NSKK from May 15,
    1935). Since 1938 also the NSKK will have used the same color as was ordered for NSDAP-
    organizations. This had to do with "Vereinheitlichung" (unifying the color).

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ and SS Black canteen covers
    P
    Many

In the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM from June 6, 1936 the Feldflasche was noted to be erdgrau.
    earth-grey. This was published while often was asked for black, which was not in use anymore!

I have this tired and dirty example which still looks more black than grey..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ and SS Black canteen covers   HJ and SS Black canteen covers  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the great information!

In order not to create a separate topic, I ask in this thread:
    in the book "Uniforms, organization & history of the German Police, Vol 2" ( J. Angolia and H. Taylor)
    displayed photo "TeNo canteen in a dark blue cover". Maybe someone has documents confirming this information?
    Canteens in the covers of this color in most forums called "for luftschutz", but I think this is unlikely.

HJ and SS Black canteen covers

I still will be happy to know the opinion of experts of the German uniforms on this TeNO cover. Unfortunately, I have absolutely no way to see the documents, describing TeNo equipment.

Thank you, Wim, for all your hard work for the benefit of so many. Your knowledge and patience are an example to us all.

I believe the black SS Labeflasche cover was phased out at an early date, especially if you look at photos.

Thanks again for everything.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I believe the black SS Labeflasche cover was phased out at an early date, especially if you look at photos.
    Thanks, I mentioned June 6, 1936 (post 22).

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    Thanks, I mentioned June 6, 1936 (post 22).
    Thanks, Wim, I was in a hurry to read everything. As ever, you are the pillar of knowledge and wisdom. Long may you reign here!

?

Great information and thanks to all, we learn so much here . So, based on the illustrations for canteen applications in Post #16 & 17, is a 'breadbag' required to complete the "rig"? Please review attached pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ and SS Black canteen covers  

Thank you all for taking part in interesting discussions. I learned a lot from this thread.

Friedrich-Berthold, It would be great to see these photos . Maybe there is such a possibility?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast