Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Holster Identification; For Luger?

Article about: Hey! Acquired this holster today. Would any of you know what pistol/gun it was for? Any info on it would be grand. Thanks. It reads "Robert Larsen" "Berlin SW68 1937" &qu

Default Holster Identification; For Luger?

Hey! Acquired this holster today. Would any of you know what pistol/gun it was for? Any info on it would be grand. Thanks. It reads "Robert Larsen" "Berlin SW68 1937" "Eagle & Swastika" symbol below. Number on back of holster reads "879".
    Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holster Identification; For Luger?
    P
    Many

From the shape of the form, I would think this holster would be for something more in line with a Browning Auto or something similar.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Too early for a PPK but possibly right for a Mauser or Sauer...???
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I guess the logical thing to do would be to take the measurements of it. Depending on the size, it could be many things. There are, however, quite a few of these shown on the net with Sauers in them! The Rivet to the left of the strap and the angled belt loop is definitely looking like a Sauer! Many of these were issued to the various Police departments in particular!
    William

Looking at it IMA offered a bunch of these here while back got from a surplus from Europe they said all were dated in the 30's I think they stated they were for some small kind of pistol. I am wondering about the ampt on it wheather they added it however it does look like its been there a while and is the police type eagle without waa but there doesn't appear to be a letter C or so which is typical of police proofs. I don't know just a thought. timothy

Looks like the ones used by Polizei.
    A Mauser HSc holster, perhaps.

Taka

I gathered a little more info out there and it seems to be either for a 1914/1934 Mauser or a Dreyse 1907

As said before, this is a Sauer preWWII era Police Holster. On this forum, there is one thread that you should take a look at-one of our Life Time Members Jason displays his huge collection of German holsters-pay particular attention to post # 40. If you want, there are plenty of other photos on the net that show this same holster with a Sauer in it as issued, but the thread below should be sufficient to tell you what you would need to know. Take a look:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/firea...lsters-6684-4/
    William

Thanks

Here are a couple of variations of your holster-the one is made by Larsen, as yours is but is slightly newer.

Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?Holster Identification; For Luger?
    William