MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Holster P38

Article about: Hello, what do you think of this holster? Is it good? What is the year of production, 1944 or 1945? Best regards Bartek

Default Holster P38

Hello,

what do you think of this holster? Is it good? What is the year of production, 1944 or 1945?

Best regards
    Bartek
    Holster P38
    Holster P38
    Holster P38
    Holster P38
    Holster P38

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holster P38
    P
    Many

imo it a repro.stiching is to clean.

looks Post war to me. Repo???
    John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

I don't like the Waa stamp it is very typical to what you see on repo's such as sold by IMA etc it could be alright as jwa did make them but I have my doubts. All original jwa and bla codes I have saw had pebbled leather and not smooth. timothy

I agree with the posters above. Looks like a reproduction for a reenactor.

Thank you for replies.

To be honest, I don't have a problem with this soft shell P38 holster......

4 stands for 44 and was pretty normal for 44 dated material, jwa checks out

I would like to see a closeup of the WaA stamp however

Tom
    MP44.nl - Welcome to my Website

?

Remember fellas, just because its minty doesn't necessarily mean its a repro. I have a KM ammo pouch for a K98 in pristine shape with bright white thread and crisp pebbled leather. I would post an image but only if the original poster of this thread says its ok. I don't want to be disrespectful and step on his thread without permission

Keep in mind, I am not saying this holster is original, I'm just saying things can be original and mint.

?

Here's a soft shell P38 holster marked JWA (Moritz Stecher) . There's no pebbling on this one.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holster P38   Holster P38  

Holster P38   Holster P38  

Perhaps another example to compare to in the same detail?......of a more used example would shed some light on the "style of stitching"..and tailored cut of the leather. I dont collect holsters..but Im not ready to trash this example until more research can prove otherwise. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast