Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Holster P38

Article about: Hello, what do you think of this holster? Is it good? What is the year of production, 1944 or 1945? Best regards Bartek

?

Here's one with a description but it has both black and white stitching.( I hope this helps)

This softshell holster is stamped on the back with JWa 4, which indicates that this holster is produced in 1944 by Moritz Stecher Lederwerke from Freiberg. Both white and black thread were used for the production of this holster. There is a discussion that P.38 holster manufacturers never used black thread but in the case of Moritz stecher this is not true. No German acceptance stamp is present on the back of the holsters but this stamp was often omitted at the end of the war.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holster P38   Holster P38  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Holster P38
    P
    Many

Quote by Dean View Post
    Remember fellas, just because its minty doesn't necessarily mean its a repro. I have a KM ammo pouch for a K98 in pristine shape with bright white thread and crisp pebbled leather. I would post an image but only if the original poster of this thread says its ok. I don't want to be disrespectful and step on his thread without permission

Keep in mind, I am not saying this holster is original, I'm just saying things can be original and mint.
    No problem, you can show what you want

@MP44tom

I have only these photos. If I buy this holster I can send more photos.

?

Ok, thanks although it isn't a holster, it is a mint example of black leather and white stitching.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Holster P38   Holster P38  

Holster P38   Holster P38  

jwa and a 4 is a good sign sometimes in pictures you can't see them Dean you show some good examples I had about half a dozen in late 70's and can't remember all the makers and I think one or two weren't even marked. I know some of them were pebbled leather like your 98 pouch. The holster he shows hasn't been used much if ok. timothy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2