Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Hurtgen Forest Relic Questions

Article about: I recently traveled to Germany and went to the Hurtgen Forest. I did some walking around through the battlefields and found an old, what I believe was, a Germany trench line. There was two c

RelicNewb
    ?

Default Hurtgen Forest Relic Questions

I recently traveled to Germany and went to the Hurtgen Forest. I did some walking around through the battlefields and found an old, what I believe was, a Germany trench line. There was two crushed German fuel cans which is what made me think that it was German trench line. Anyways, I found these metal pieces in the trench line. I had someone suggest that it may be a fuze adjuster for mortars or artillery. Any suggestions on what they may be. They were about 3 inch by 3 inch and could easily fit in your hand.

2. # ADS

Looking like heel irons for boots. NH

RelicNewb
    ?

I thought that at first, but there were no holes for nails, they had a big roundlip on them and there were no scraps of boots anywhere hah.

These are not German. They are from US ammunition. They fit into the keyholes on fuzes such as the M48 and held the fuze so it could not move around inside the cardboard tube they were packed in. US 75mm from Shermans, US 105mm How both used these items as well as a few others.