Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?

Article about: I found this among my treasures as i close out my collectibles. The mine is empty and measures 12 inches across.i cannot see any mine identification markings. The mine fits perfectly in a ca

Default Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?

I found this among my treasures as i close out my collectibles.
    The mine is empty and measures 12 inches across.i cannot see any mine identification markings.
    The mine fits perfectly in a canvas case .the case is stamped on tghe leather Franz Brehme-Walsrode and dated 1942.They were prolific manufacturers of german field gear.
    I made the pictures as best i could and regret that i failed to better delineate the makers mark or the mine as seen fitted in the case.
    Could this be a Teller anti tank mine and could the canvas container have been issued to pioneer troops since it appears to be attached to a belt?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?   Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?  

Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?   Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?  

Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?

There is a metal carry handle on the edge of the mine and the pictures do not show that.my apologies.

?

Default Re: Identification needed on german mine and fitted canvas carrying gear?

That looks like a normal issue feild pack, some have straps together worn on your back, but some as in this case have clips to attach to a a frame

You have two great items there bitrecko....... a very nice Tellermine and a very nice M39 Tornister for 'Y' straps but the two do not go together.
    Mines were transported in metal or wooden carrying cases, not backpacks!

One fall over backwards and KABLOOWEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers, Dan

dan, Any idea of fair market value.I am moving houses and downsizing.

Not sure on the tellermine but sellers seem to be asking between US$60-100 for backpacks ( either plain ones like your or the Pony hide covered ones )

Dan

The tellerminen (plate mine), is th 42 model and more can be read on link below for those interested. Ive seen tellermines sold before, but cant remember off the top of my head. couple hundred? maybe? more or less.

Very nice stuff you got britrecko

Tellermine 42

Franz and others; thank you for the information.I have read, that post 1945, many mines were tossed into the lakes in Germany and in later years recovered by amateur treasure hunters.

These Tellermines usually run anywhere from $150-250 in this condition. Add in the price of the back pack and you're probably looking at the $250 end of the range.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."