Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

interesting Wehrmacht footage

Article about: Hello, Short but very interesting footage of the new Wehrmacht Heer conscripts at training and in barracks... YouTube Thanks

Default interesting Wehrmacht footage

Hello,
    Short but very interesting footage of the new Wehrmacht Heer conscripts at training and in barracks...

YouTube

Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement interesting Wehrmacht footage
    P
    Many

Fun stuff JP !! Thanks. All M16-18 helmets for training. I assume it's late war footage ? Maybe 1943 judging by the tunics & those re-issue helmets are commonly seen dated 1943

D.

?

Nope early war/ pre war.

They are training with the mg08 (which could still be used late war, but I’m sure most would of been removed to second of the line units by that point)

That and the description says “ende der 30er jahre” which means of course “end of the 1930’s”

Hello David,
    In my opinion, these images are very early ones, between 1934 and 1936 i would say. Some of the men are wearing Reichswehr ankle boots with integrated leggings, they're training to shoot with the K98a and if you're looking well between 1'10 and 1'14, the NCO passing behind the recruits does not even have a breast eagle above his right pocket. There are other things that are good giveaways...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

Definitely early pre-war footage, even some of those rifles look as though they might be the K98az of WW1 vintage. The machine gun is actually the Mg08/15... the supposedly light machine gun version of the Mg08. This light pattern gun actually weighed as much as the British Vickers Mk1 did without its tripod, and with a full water jacket it weighed in at about 42 lbs.

Interesting film, thanks for sharing.

Hello again,
    Thanks for all comments.
    David, for the introduction of this thread, i should have wrote :
    Short and very interesting footage of conscripts of the newly created Wehrmacht Heer at training and in barracks

It would have been more accurate, sorry
    Thanks

In Memoriam :