Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Jersey Plates taken on liberation day

Article about: Can any body help me with the attcahed the smalldish cam from the Merton hotel on Liberation day, I'm not sure anouyt the other one. Thanks PUL

I would have thought around £50 the pair, maybe a touch more for an enthusiastic buyer and a touch less if to a dealer or in a trade. There is still lots and lots of this crockery left especially in France and I have seen the pieces like yours offered for as little as £10 or £15 a piece. Which ever way, they are nice pieces to own and at one stage I have just over 1000 individual pieces from all branches of the Wehrmacht. I was really into the crockery at one stage but just like everything made for the German's in that period you soon realise its near impossible to get the "full set" or anything close to it. So I moved on a lot of what I had and now have around 100 pieces or so, mainly army, navy, luftwaffe, a few choice RAD pieces, a couple of ss which like yours have local (Channel Islands) provenance, they came from Alderney. But I always pick up the DRK crockery if I see it. Its a much finer china, and has a creamy look to it rather than the white of the normal pieces. I have a few pieces left to move on but its surprising how quickly what I had disappeared.
    I also note you refer to me as Jersey 34, so you obviously know me from another site. I know about 3 different Paul's with an interest in the Occupation locally but cannot put a finger on which one you are....let me know. Maybe we can do some trades on you bits.
    All the best for the holidays,
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jersey Plates taken on liberation day
    P
    Many

Quote by JERSEY 34 View Post
    I would have thought around £50 the pair, maybe a touch more for an enthusiastic buyer and a touch less if to a dealer or in a trade. There is still lots and lots of this crockery left especially in France and I have seen the pieces like yours offered for as little as £10 or £15 a piece. Which ever way, they are nice pieces to own and at one stage I have just over 1000 individual pieces from all branches of the Wehrmacht. I was really into the crockery at one stage but just like everything made for the German's in that period you soon realise its near impossible to get the "full set" or anything close to it. So I moved on a lot of what I had and now have around 100 pieces or so, mainly army, navy, luftwaffe, a few choice RAD pieces, a couple of ss which like yours have local (Channel Islands) provenance, they came from Alderney. But I always pick up the DRK crockery if I see it. Its a much finer china, and has a creamy look to it rather than the white of the normal pieces. I have a few pieces left to move on but its surprising how quickly what I had disappeared.
    I also note you refer to me as Jersey 34, so you obviously know me from another site. I know about 3 different Paul's with an interest in the Occupation locally but cannot put a finger on which one you are....let me know. Maybe we can do some trades on you bits.
    All the best for the holidays,
    D.

Thanks and all the best to you and your family, I've always wondered about the stuff from Alderney, do you have a lot, by all accounts they left in a hurry and the liberation forces cleaned it up?

when I was a teenager I bought my first items at your old shop in french lane. We have briefly met up at the MM range, too, but not properly, next time im up there, i'll introduce myself to you.

All best, Paul

Hi paul,
    Yes it would be good to pot a face to the name.If your after any items let me know as i still have a very large stock of bits to move on, I am away for a few days from tomorrow but it may be worth you popping round to see whats here.... you may be surprised.
    All the best,
    D.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2