Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Just in - fork/spoon combo - help please!

Article about: Hello all, I just received this today. Does anyone have any thoughts about it, I bought it as a WWII German item, but after I paid for it, I then saw on a German site a three piece type uten

Default Just in - fork/spoon combo - help please!

Hello all, I just received this today. Does anyone have any thoughts about it, I bought it as a WWII German item, but after I paid for it, I then saw on a German site a three piece type utensil, that also had a knife I think. Is this a genuine article?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just in - fork/spoon combo - help please!
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Just in - fork/spoon combo - help please!

The Germans certainly had this item....I have two, and a relic one......can't say wether yours I'd fair dinkum, they continued to be used by the BW and BGS post war and these are reproduced.....

Original wartime "Spork". Dated 1940.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks for that Ade....didn't want to jump in on authenticity as I have a repro as well as my originals with a "40" mark

These are a nifty bit of kit, I used one while I was in Iraq, my repro, a lot better than the plastic spoons in rat packs!!!

I actually use mine at living history events. They are indeed a great bit of kit.

The repro ones feel a bit lighter and flimsier than the originals.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Just in - fork/spoon combo - help please!  Just in - fork/spoon combo - help please! 

?

Heres one of my relics....seems to be the spoon part that has had a handle attached to it by the landser that broke it!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just in - fork/spoon combo - help please!   Just in - fork/spoon combo - help please!  

Thanks again Ade, and I have added my photos to the collection in the thread.