Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite.

Article about: A friend has shown me what looks to be a K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite. I have never seen one in bakelite before and don't know if they were in fact ever made during the war. Can anyone

Default K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite.

A friend has shown me what looks to be a K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite. I have never seen one in bakelite before and don't know if they were in fact ever made during the war. Can anyone help me with this one. I can't imagine they would have made them post war but you never know. It would be great to be able to say one way or the other so please let me know.
    D.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite.
    P
    Many

Default Re: K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite.

Surely someone knows if this is good or bad or at least has an opinion either way? This forum has never faileed yet so come on don't let me down.
    D.

Borrowed the kit from my friend and here's a picture or two for you to look at
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite.   K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite.  

K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite.   K.98 cleaning kit case in bakelite.  

Jersey Looks WW2 I have read that late war ones were made in bakelite, due to saving metal. I am pretty sure the mark inside lid is German company there is a book about them moulders marks This is the first one I have seen I would say later war. timothy

I have had a few private replyies to this thread and I have had my suspicions confirmed.... its a post war DDR kit not ww.2. Shame but there you go.
    D.

Nice to know Jersey I have a East german one in a small black tin probably for AK 47 or AK 74 rifle too small for K98 the brush is. I as stated above have never seen the so called late war bakelite kit all are in metal doesn't mean they don't exist. Thanks. timothy