Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

K98 ammo pouches?

Article about: Hello, what do you think about these ammo pouches? Are they OK? I am no expert on TR equipment, I just want something fancy to carry the ammunition to my K98 in when I go to the shooting ran

?

Default K98 ammo pouches?

Hello,

what do you think about these ammo pouches? Are they OK?

I am no expert on TR equipment, I just want something fancy to carry the ammunition to my K98 in when I go to the shooting range

Thank you for opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 ammo pouches?   K98 ammo pouches?  

K98 ammo pouches?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 ammo pouches?
    P
    Many

Default Re: K98 ammo pouches?

They are original WWII era pouches arez. They will look good on the range! My shoulder can only handle about 20 shots from my K98 now. I'm too proud to get a pad.

Jay

Additionallly, I checked one of my ref. books and these pouches were made by an unknown group of manufacturers. Supposedly, no one has ever been able to figure out the exact companies that made RBNr marked pouches. The RBNr numbers started appearing in 1942. There's some more superfluous information for ya!

Jay

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Additionallly, I checked one of my ref. books and these pouches were made by an unknown group of manufacturers. Supposedly, no one has ever been able to figure out the exact companies that made RBNr marked pouches. The RBNr numbers started appearing in 1942. There's some more superfluous information for ya!

Jay
    that is very good news, thank you!

If you have any more info, do not hesitate to post it, I am very interested in any bit of information...

What is more, the price that the seller asks is very interesting - I could say that the price for both of those is the same, or just a little higher, than the usual price for one piece, so it is almost a bargain.

This is one of the first German items I bought many years ago. They are a steal for what you get. An authentic uniform piece for a German soldier. When you look at the numbers involved you can see why they are reasonably priced. There were over 13 million in the Army over 1 million in the SS, and they were all supposed to have two. That's a whole heck of a lot of pouches.

Jay

one of my favorite pieces of field equipment and a absolute "must have" accessory for your Kar-98k rifle...

?

thank you guys, I will purchase them!

Hello,
    Upper one looks early war production, circa 1941. Belt loops have the quick release at the bottom and fittings are steel
    Lower one is a later production.
    If you want to use pouches to go to the range, IMO you should buy postwar pouches...cheaper and the historical interest is far down..
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

thank you for the information, it is much appreciated...

I use my K98 only occasionally, so I am sure no harm will be done to them if I will sometimes take them to the range!