Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

K98 Ammunition Pouches

Article about: Hello folks. Right off the bat, I have Jarret (Luftwaffe 1941) to thank for these. He was kind enough to send them to me as a birthday present in advance of putting my mannequin display toge

Default K98 Ammunition Pouches

Hello folks.

Right off the bat, I have Jarret (Luftwaffe 1941) to thank for these. He was kind enough to send them to me as a birthday present in advance of putting my mannequin display together, and I couldn't be more grateful for the assistance.

A mismatched pair of K98 ammunition pouches, clearly issued and well-used, with some field repairs to the closure straps. Although they differ in date by quite some margin (1935 and 1941 respectively) they go very well together and will look great once the setup is complete.

K98 Ammunition PouchesK98 Ammunition PouchesK98 Ammunition PouchesK98 Ammunition PouchesK98 Ammunition Pouches

There appears to be a unit marking inside the lid of one of them, although I was unable to photograph it adequately. It is difficult to read, even with the naked eye. It appears to be, as follows: 5./ J.R 116 II.

Many of the characters are very hard to make out, and a couple are almost illegible. I'm unfamiliar with these unit markings. In fact, until recently, I had no idea pouches were unit marked. Any help in regards to deciphering it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, B.B.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Ammunition Pouches
    P
    Many

5th kompanie, II Bataillon of Infanterie Rgt 116, formed in October 1936 in Wehrkreis IX.

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    5th kompanie, II Bataillon of Infanterie Rgt 116, formed in October 1936 in Wehrkreis IX.
    Many thanks! Is there a record somewhere of this unit's movement and action throughout the war?

Regards, B.B.