Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

K98 cleaning kit miss matched ?

Article about: What makes you pick up YOUR very own helmet or YOUR very own rifle under a sudden shelling is the fact that since YOU know where YOU have put them down YOU automatically reach for them and r

Default Re: K98 cleaning kit miss matched ?

What makes you pick up YOUR very own helmet or YOUR very own rifle under a sudden shelling is the fact that since YOU know where YOU have put them down YOU automatically reach for them and run for the nearest shelter!That's true only if you've put them down handy enough,or else you'd run for shelter un-armed and without your well cared for,camoed,named,unit-stamped,covered in authentic looking and rusted chicken wire,double-decal,apple-green,rare manufacturer's lid !

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 cleaning kit miss matched ?
    P
    Many

?

You do have away with words Manny but what you say is so true can you imagine we will use this as an example that you have just survived a shelling attack and your unit has bugged out it is the end of the day and you throw your tornister pack down open it to grab your pipe to sit back and have a smoke and to your suprise it's not your pack . And to make matters worse you find that the owner of this particular pack was a lot smaller than you and none of his field gear,clothes or his spare shoes even come close to fitting I am shur this has happened on more than one occasion I think I would be rather pissed off !!!

Regards Mark K

Considering all the crazy relic items that I've seen people dig up on this forum, I can easily imagine a soldat losing track of a small component of a cleaning kit in the heat of the moment. This set could have been pieced together by someone trying to make a quick buck... but it can just as easily be a period piece that a soldat had to restock once he lost a tool or two during a sudden artillery barrage or enermy assault!

?

Here are some of the different chains,oilers and spoons that I have,the bottom spoon is quite different to the other two,the bottom chain is steel,the others are aluminum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 cleaning kit miss matched ?   K98 cleaning kit miss matched ?  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

Hi,
    the bottom cartridge extractor/follower takedown tool is a late war example....very interesting!The steel chain is another late-war item!
    Thank you for sharing
    Manny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2