Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

K98 Frog

Article about: Hi, guys! Your opinions concerning this subject. Original or fake? Thanks! Regards Jurgen

?

Default Re: K98 Frog

100% original bayonet frog.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement K98 Frog
    P
    Many

Luftwaffe because of the short middle seam. Before 1940 this frogs were brown. After 1940 this frogs became black, like all the others.

Wehrmacht composed out of Heer, Marine and Luftwaffe... 3 Parts...

But this is a Luftwaffe frog

Regards

That may be, but this black example has the "LBA" Luftwaffe marking (a partial one here as only the "LB" portion is visible). As does another that I believe I still have, but no photo. Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Frog  

Quote by Sleepwalker View Post
    Luftwaffe because of the short middle seam. Before 1940 this frogs were brown. After 1940 this frogs became black, like all the others.

Wehrmacht composed out of Heer, Marine and Luftwaffe... 3 Parts...

But this is a Luftwaffe frog

Regards
    Yes. Certainly I meant Heer - ground forces. I simply wasn't correctly expressed, having written Wehrmacht.

Thanks for the answer. I got it. Luftwaffe frog.

Jurgen.

tornado
    ?

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    That may be, but this black example has the "LBA" Luftwaffe marking (a partial one here as only the "LB" portion is visible). As does another that I believe I still have, but no photo. Fred
    Thanks for a photo.
    Whether there is no at you a photo of this frogs but on the other hand?
    On discussed frogs have confused the steel washers increased in size, in the top part.
    Thank you very much.

Thanks all!

Quote by tornado View Post
    Thanks for a photo.
    Whether there is no at you a photo of this frogs but on the other hand?
    On discussed frogs have confused the steel washers increased in size, in the top part.
    Thank you very much.
    I’m not quite sure what is being asked here, but on the E.O. Götze & Sohn/Gersdorf 1940 dated frog I posted it has the normal size upper washers. The other black LBA marked example has the larger size just like the thread starter. An earlier photo, and not being the most skilled photographer while it’s a little out of focus (but with better lighting), it can be seen that the frog I posted has the full L.B.A.(S) marking. I also briefly looked at some earlier and later examples, and some of the statistical and other information that I’ve collected.

With the question being that with the Luftwaffe abandoning its distinctive brown color frogs in favor of black like the rest of the Wehrmacht. Did that also signal more of a reliance on German Army sourced/controlled leather field gear in general? Sort of a “one size fits all” concept? Because there should be no question that the Luftwaffe relied on the German Army for all of its bayonets, almost all of its rifles and pistols, and many of its holsters etc. And the larger presence of Luftwaffe ground forces was still several years in the future, which very likely created some additional problems as well. Which is not to say that the Luftwaffe did not have its own distinctive uniforms, web gear and accouterments. But was there some overlapping of shared items? Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture K98 Frog  

I would like to specify one moment.
    Why the top rivets have more big diameter than bottom?

Quote by Jurgen Langmaler View Post
    I would like to specify one moment.
    Why the top rivets have more big diameter than bottom?
    Jurgen, If I had to make a guess I would say that Götze periodically had a problem getting the parts/materials that it needed. In 1939 it was the standard Luftwaffe type of brown leather finish. In 1940 it was washers, with the smaller ones being used for the pouch where the bigger ones would have caused a problem. Because in 1941 it was back to the smaller steel washers of a lesser quality (no rust inhibiting coating). Regards, Fred

Quote by Frogprince View Post
    Jurgen, If I had to make a guess I would say that Götze periodically had a problem getting the parts/materials that it needed. In 1939 it was the standard Luftwaffe type of brown leather finish. In 1940 it was washers, with the smaller ones being used for the pouch where the bigger ones would have caused a problem. Because in 1941 it was back to the smaller steel washers of a lesser quality (no rust inhibiting coating). Regards, Fred
    Thanks Fred.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast