Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

Thank you for that Danmark, however as I remember them, they seem to be somewhat different than those,
    Next time I get down there I will take photos of them, or I will ask my friend to send me photos when he can.

Dean O
    Canada

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

new pick up...late war 1944 jerry:

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

cheers,
    Fabe

?

Quote by Fabe View Post

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

cheers,
    Fabe
    update:

The can arrived yesterday - some more pics:

date: 1944
    lot num.: 40
    maker: I can't make out the logo (but I'll try to find out - all the info is on the handle)

The bottom is prettymuch rust-free - makes me think that this was strapped to a vehicle all its' life...but looks like it wasn't used all that much.
    I can't comment on the reddish camo paint - these things are a minefield...

It looks like has some red primer + black primer (??) and a couple of shades of yellow + some reddish spray.

Cheers,
    Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht
    Last edited by Fabe; 06-11-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Could have been painted anytime in the last 70 years Fabe - but it does look the part!

Cheers, Dan
    ( Will the addiction end? .... not even when you run out of space!!)
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

True - my flat starting to look like a small private museum... ( Actually, that is my plan anyway for my later years )
    I also agree with your assessment regarding the paintjob - something that I'll never know for 100% sure - but it does look great!

Quote by CARL88 View Post
    Here is another AMBI-BUDD Presswerk Wasserkanister that was in my collection. The photographs were taken not long after I acquired the piece, note the traces of fuel present around the inner cap area. The can was still being used, testament to the high standard of workmanship during the Third Reich period. The close up shot shows the markings WASSER 20L (Water, 20 litres), the AMBI-BUDD, Presswerk of Berlin manufacturer's stamp, batch number and year of manufacture. The traces of white paint present, are the remnants of the large painted white cross, that was added to all Wasserkanisters of the period, to identify them as water cans.
    As of the quality that you mention here... A couple of years ago I entered a half fallen barn in Crete. Among other ww2 items I found two canisters. One German and one british made! The German made one is very solid and can still hold fluid. The british one is a complete mess wioth the metal being very rusty and parts falling off making big holes! You could say it is in very relic condition!
    Oral witnesses from Crete say they used to use these canisters until some years ago and they prefered the german made ones for that very reason!
    Do we know why the inner cap area was painted red?

?

Btw., the seller was also selling these along with the can - all seemed original to me - so I took a chance with the jerry can...
    Gasmask can:
    Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Jerry can nozzle (Sandrik):
    Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Quote by Fabe View Post

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht
    Btw., the seller was also selling these items along with the can - all seemed ok to me:

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

cheers,
    Fabe

?

Thanks again guys, some fine, varied examples being displayed on this thread.

LizardKing, the orange/red coat of paint visible was a primer coating, applied hot to all cans in order to prevent corrosion.

Regards,

Carl

?

hi guys - any thoughts on this winter camo can?

cheers,
    Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Great thread !

Bob

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast