Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

Default Re: Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

And a few images of one of the big boys! The 200L Kanister...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  
    Attached Images Attached Images Kanisters of the Wehrmacht 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

And a couple of images of the most famous kanisters, i.e. the cans that carried the fuel used to cremate Adolf Hitler and his wife, Eva. In the photograph where Churchill is present, note the early "X" pattern kanister in the foreground, also visible in the second image.

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

?

What do you think about my new purchase? Original Paint !!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

?

Nice '43 Muller Schwelm piece peewee, and a good image (the first shot) showing the interior of the fuel can's neck, with the original orange/red base coat present.

Regards,

Carl

?

When i get the can' i'll make a better picture ... now is on the way , canister is paint on the bottom with bright-orange paint ... that seems to be not original paint , otherwise canister is red and over the red paint is painted gray.Is found in Romania where I found another can posted above ... the orange-yellow camo.

?

Sounds good peewee, I look forward to more images when your can arrives. The orange/red base coat paint should ALWAYS be present on kanisters. If it isn't, then the originality must be questioned, so it's always good to see traces of the base coat.

Regards,

Carl

?

I'm so sorry ... I had a can with camouflage paint , that have the bottom painted in bright-orange and it's cracked on the bootom , because of crack's, decided to paint the bottom in black ... and now know that that was the original bright orange paint ??? ..... but appeared later applied and was different from the paint under camouflage ... which was red ... not orange.
    think that bright-orange paint is original ? ... it was applied later and not look like original factory paint under camouflage which is red not bright-orange.
    I posted a picture with traces of original red paint paint and a picture with the bottom where you can see the paint bright-orange ... which seems not original.
    I will post later clearer pictures with bottom of gray canister .

Last edited by peewee; 03-29-2012 at 07:17 AM.

?

peewee, take a look at the images below, they show how the original base coat (orange/red) should look now. As you can see, the base coat can appear quite bright. Hope that this helps you...

Regards,

Carl

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

hello sir ,i just send you a mail on you site-adress that contains info and pics from my 3 cans ,let me know if you did not reseved it please .

?

Quote by stevebitt300 View Post
    hello sir ,i just send you a mail on you site-adress that contains info and pics from my 3 cans ,let me know if you did not reseved it please .
    Sorry stevebitt, I didn't receive anything.

Regards,

Carl

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast