Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

Default Re: Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

I've got a couple of nice examples- one Kraftstoff, one Wasser; the Kraftstoff is typical RAL7028 Dunkelgelb, but the Wasser one is different- I have a number of different items done in RAL7028, in varying shades, but the colour of this Wasserkanister is rather more pinkish tan that I wonder if might actually be RAL8020 Sandgelb... ?

Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

Nice examples those two Matt, especially like the AMBI-BUDD Wasserkanister. That shade seems slightly darker, and as you say, it has a pinkish hue that differs from an example that I owned a while ago. My Dunkelgelb pattern Wasserkanister was used in the central European area. Great to see these cans in such fine condition, as most original examples today are quite worn. Such is the life of the kanister...

Regards,

Carl

p.s. A few months ago, my good lady and I pulled into the local petrol station near where we live. Whilst we were filling up, I noticed the chap in the Mercedes next to us was putting two fuel cans that he had just filled, into the back of his car. Now I didn't catch the manufacturer's logos...but they were both period kanisters. How is that for quality workmanship eh? Seventy years or so and still doing their job.

NIce ones MAtt - the fuel one is a Fischer by the way ( hard to read but you can see the fishies! )
    One like the AB would be nice Carl .......wish, wish

Cheers, Dan

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    One like the AB would be nice Carl .......wish, wish

Cheers, Dan
    Yes Dan, wouldn't it just! I'll hang around a few petrol stations and see what I can pick up...one never knows...

Cheers,

Carl

?

Nice cans Matt

?

Here is a close up image of the inside neck section, of a reproduction SS Kanister. The originals, as shown earlier in this thread, never have this elongated air vent. If this form is present, then the piece is a reproduction. Another flaw amongst the repro cans is the base of the handle section. They are not welded completely, nor do they have the correct form at the base of the centre front section. Again, compare this example to the original piece earlier in the thread.

Regards,

Carl
    Attached Images Attached Images Kanisters of the Wehrmacht 

Hi,

2 Kanister picked up this morning.

1) ABP Wasser 1942
    2) BROSE u CO Kraftstoff 1942 with a rare & super "Luftwaffe" vehicle number.

Best regards from Alsace , France.
    Carfin.

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

Very nice Carfin. Good examples those two, well done.

Cheers,

Carl

Thumbs up Re: Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Carfin, your just teasing us all with those!!!!!!.......... Bloody beauties I say!

Cheers, Dan

Hi,

Thanks guys for the congrats.

Another ABP Wasser kanister 1943.
    Sorry for the first pic, the good color is in the second & thirth photo.
    Best regards from Alsace France.
    Carfin.

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast