Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

Default Re: Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Hello

This is my fuel can. I hope you like it.

Stig Erik

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

Nice clean example, I like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi,

Very nice "benzin kanister".

A new book comes on the market at october 2013, in French & English " Wehrmacht kanister 20 liter , Le Jerrycan" super documented book over all WW2 german manufacturers & markings. (Heimdal Editions)

Best regards from Alsace - France.
    Carfin.

Here is my small contribution

?

Nice AMBI-BUDD Wasserkanister Militariacurious, thank you for sharing it with us.

Regards,

Carl

I just read the story about AMBI-BUDD - very interesting story on wiki

"...In 1925, William Morris visited the Budd factory and when he returned home he started the Pressed Steel Company in Coventry. In Germany, Budd worked with Arthur Müller and set up a steel pressing plant as "ABP" (Ambi Budd Presswerke) in the old Rumpler factory and quickly became the leading supplier of pressed-steel components. That Budd owned 26% of the Adler stock and they were located next door to the German assembly plant for Chrysler probably helped.[1] Budd also supplied bodies for early BMWs as well as German Fords. In 1943, the company had to move production underground due to bomb attacks from the allied air forces. They also made parts for the Focke Wulf fighters. They also made bodies for the Volkswagen Kübelwagen and Schwimmwagen. The Berlin plants were completely destroyed by bombing during WW2. After the war, the Budd plant ended up in the Soviet sector. The machines and tools were dismantled and most of them shipped to the Soviet Union. In the USA, Budd made shell and bomb casings and helmets during the war...."

Does any one know what the stamp on the Wasser Kanister is for?

Here is one more of the Wasser Kanister

And a picture of my Kraftstoff Kanister - which is in a more poor condition (but I still love it)

?

The "w" marking indicates that the can should only be used for water. The other marking is the WaA (WaffenAmt) stamp, used by the German Weapons Agency. Some have said that these markings are not genuine, asking "why should a kanister be marked in a similar way to a weapon?". The truth is, that they were marked in this manner, because when the kanister is carried by a tank or other armed vehicle, as many were, then it becomes a part of the machine and thus, a part of the weapon.

Regards,

Carl

Beautiful Kanisters all.
    A collection isnt complete without one.
    I have to get one myself.

WWII German Jerry Can 20 L Fuel Petrol Canister | eBay
    Someone should warn this seller that is actually a british one!!

Cheers
    Nuno

Quote by TIGER88 View Post
    The "w" marking indicates that the can should only be used for water. The other marking is the WaA (WaffenAmt) stamp, used by the German Weapons Agency. Some have said that these markings are not genuine, asking "why should a kanister be marked in a similar way to a weapon?". The truth is, that they were marked in this manner, because when the kanister is carried by a tank or other armed vehicle, as many were, then it becomes a part of the machine and thus, a part of the weapon.

Regards,

Carl
    Hi Tiger88 - and thank you for the information.

German "Ordnung muss sein" keeps fascinating me

If only our Kanisters could tell their life stories

?

Hi All,

Posting the (not so great) photos of my very first 'Kanister', which just arrived today:
    It's a 1942 Nirona (Nirona-Werke Nier u. Ehmer Auto u. Fahrrad-Zubehör Beiersfeld) numbered 22 (I think)

Cheers - Fabe

PS: THX to Carl with his info & help!
    Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast