Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Kanisters of the Wehrmacht

Article about: Its great to see all these jerrycans. Martin

?

Thanks for advice - well, the photos were so bad (too much flash), that they all turned out to be sand color
    I didn't get the can after all, there were rotting holes on the bottom (but quite happy with the two sand-painted ammo boxes for 40 bucks).
    Cheers,
    Fabe

PS: I'll update over the ammo box thread later today with more (hopefully better) photos...

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I would be careful - just because it is painted white does not mean it was wartime done. Take this Kanister for example, it looks OK but in the close-up photos you can see there is remains of a green under the white - and it is NOT a wartime shade - more a forest green. This paint could have been done anytime over the last 50 years just because that was the paint available. Just an observation ...... I would tread carefully ( this one they want US$120 for )

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    P
    Many

?

Ammo boxes are not German (MG) , they are Hungarian or Romanian for ZB machinegun.

... the JerryCan has original paint , I have one identical and it is normal to find orange paint .

Standard canisters were orange/red , after ... army paint cans depending on need (camo paint)

PS : I have attached 3 photos of my JerryCan (original paint) Kanisters of the Wehrmacht
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kanisters of the Wehrmacht   Kanisters of the Wehrmacht  

?

Thanks - you mean the 2 boxes in my recent post?

They're indeed German MG boxes with both PATR. KAST. 41 F.M.G. (“Patronen Kasten 41 fur Maschinengewerh”.) markings on the sides and "bpd" (C.P. Goerz GmbH, Wien) and "brc" (Fr. Weber en Co. Berlin) on top...

Cheers,
    Fabe

?

Hi All,

Picked this up today...

I liked this from the moment I saw it - I think it's a 1942 (no. 276) "Fischer Original / ebn" jerrycan - only have seller's pics...
    Now I have 2 nice original painted cans - and promised myself to get only one more: a sand colored water can...one day!

Price was 20 Euroes - Cheers, Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

"Hi Steve

Thanks for your congratulations about my website and thanks for the pictures.
    For sure, I add your kanister in my database.

Regards from France
    Stephane"

?

hey Guys,

I'm afraid to ask...
    any thoughts on this Wasser Can?
    this time it's really white (the paint), not just too much camera flash...

25 EU price tag -

Cheers,
    Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

yeah ... water canisters were usually white or had a white stripe...the price is ok...bargain !!

?

THX for the input...I might go for it...there goes my "plan" to collect only one of these iconic WW2 items. ( if I get this, I'll have 3 - it's like drugs )

Quote by peewee View Post
    yeah ... water canisters were usually white or had a white stripe...the price is ok...bargain !!

?

another quick question:

what's the market value of this ord. tan kannister? according to the seller, there is a small hole on the bottom...

THX! Fabe

Kanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the WehrmachtKanisters of the Wehrmacht

?

PM on the way.

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast