Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Klappspaten at ATF

Article about: Hi folks, I am curious to know if anyone has an opinion on the folding shovels being offered by At The Front. They are described as Norwegian surplus taken from German WWII stock. Price is r

Default Klappspaten at ATF

Hi folks, I am curious to know if anyone has an opinion on the folding shovels being offered by At The Front. They are described as Norwegian surplus taken from German WWII stock. Price is really low compared to what I have seen these fetch in the past. Feedback appreciated. More photos are on the site. NH

Klappspaten at ATF

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Klappspaten at ATF
    P
    Many

Dear Friend,

So....an opinion...... if it's worth it or not? According to me they are very nice but It depends more than anything else on what you are looking for.
    In the site they say that they have cleaned to put back in Wehrmacht condition....since they were Painted in olive for norwegian army....we must reason on this ...is an ''accettable'' thing or not? I think that that's the question....
    According to me at that price I would buy them if they really like me as ''objects'', german or not...

I would accept a restored item as long as the process is minimal. In this case, the removal of some paint doesn't bother me too much. NH

I think exactly like you my friend.......perhaps they would have been more ''real'' in their color ' ' Norway ' 'but I must admit that they are nice.....and if the price is cheap......good luck my friend!

Quote by sorecat View Post
    perhaps they would have been more ''real'' in their color ' ' Norway '

Hello,
    I do not think so. They were produced this way, without paint and they're now back to their original condition.
    Olive green paint was only a simple episode...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Dear J Phillip,

I agree with you about olive colour as an episode;but I think that the story of an object is made of episodes thats
    precisely why we must evaluate it in its entirety especially if its story has made him returned so ( for example I see differences between coeval field modifications that increase ,according to me,the interest of an object and other modifications not coeval). I'm not saying that the shovel it's not valid because it was cleaned...I like it....but perhaps it is right that the price for this is lower.
    This is only my point of view and may be it's wrong but I think so....
    By the way it would be interesting what think about this way of interpreting other members...as kind of poll...do you agree my friend?
    Excuse me for my english

Just make sure they are german and not Dutch. Those have ribs that are not as pronounced and do not lock at an angle like German production.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Dear Danmark,

Could you explain better (I'm sure you well explained in fact it's my fault because my english is Scholastic and poor) what you mean when you say ''do not lock at an angle''? Do you think they are't german?

From what I believe when the spade is folded for storage in the holder, the blade does not lock parallel to the handle. This is so the handle points away from the soldier's leg at a slight angle when stored on the hip. The hinge block is angled on german made spaten but not on post war dutch.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Dear Danmark,

Now I have understood ( I think and hope...)...thanks for the re-explanation....I really didn't know this thing of the blade not parallel...but it was not to be a little uncomfortable to bring a shovel attached to the belt not completely closed? There is always something to learn, there's nothing to do.....thank you again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast