MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)

Article about: I used to wear these shoulder straps for re-enacting and film work (I know, shoot me!) years ago. I retired them and packed them up. I just pulled them out to check their condition and to se

Default Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)

I used to wear these shoulder straps for re-enacting and film work (I know, shoot me!) years ago. I retired them and packed them up. I just pulled them out to check their condition and to see if they were marked by the manufacturer. I was pleased to see they are marked Jean Weipert Offenbach a.M 1941. The Weipert firm was in business for many years, well into the post war period. They appear to be in OK condition with a loose stitch or two. The rear strap part was replaced years ago. Any thoughts on the rear strap?

Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)

- - ------- - -

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)
    P
    Many

Here are some clear photos of the rear strap. NH

Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Koppeltraggestell (Y-Straps)  

Back strap looks perfectly ok !! Did the extra loop come with it?? It's not standard on Y straps.....

Tom

The extra loop might be a mistake on my part! It may have been salvaged from the old strap and added by accident. I am checking now to see if it is sewn in place. The upper loop is attached to the O-ring backing with rivets. The lower loop is loose. It appears as though I added it. NH

Should I remove it or just leave it there? NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    Should I remove it or just leave it there? NH
    The one attached to the ring backing should stay. The loose one should be removed.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)